PDA

View Full Version : Old Warden Father Christmas Fly In

vintage ATCO
7th Dec 2002, 16:19
Not to be too downhearted about today's cancellation, we hope to press ahead with a Father Christmas Fly In on Saturday, 21 Dec. Santa himself will fly in, and there will be a competition in the hangars for children with prizes.

Christmas Fare in the restaurant (booking essential).

PPR essential on 01767 627288.

It was colder in the hangars today than outside, didn't realise you had to refrigerate aeroplanes!

Keef
7th Dec 2002, 21:16
So that's what they mean by temperature inversion!

Have a good time with Santa - I'll be doing something very similar nearer home.

Hairyplane
8th Dec 2002, 18:00
I feel sorry for Santa.

All being well he plans to turn up in an open cockpit machine!

Should be a great day out for the kids.

HP

capt_sparky
17th Dec 2002, 20:31
Anyone got any news on whether Old Warden will be open for the fly-in this weekend?

I suspect the airfield may be waterlogged if my front lawn is anything to go by :(

vintage ATCO
17th Dec 2002, 21:33
I'll try and check tomorrow about the state of the airfield.

vintage ATCO
18th Dec 2002, 12:23
An inspection this morning revealed the runway to be soft. We will inspect first thing on Saturday for final yes/no, sorry if that is a bit late for some.

The tower will be open on Saturday 1000-1530 on 01767 627563, we should be there a bit beforehand. On Friday info from the shop on 01767 627288.

If OW is declared u/s then RAF Henlow have kindly agreed to act as a diversion field and we will arrange transport. Please call us on the tower number above, or 130.7 MHZ before you arrive at Henlow. Note Henlow has its own PPR requirements.

Visitors by road always welcome too.