PDA

View Full Version : North American Freighter pay

Clowndown
7th Dec 2002, 01:48
I was just called for a first interview that was described to me as a "First officer on the cargo fleet..North American Based". My question is what does this pay for the first and second year in USD and is this more attractive then the S/O Position? For those of you that care I emailed my resume in about 2 months ago and was asked to fax my app back ASAP. Kind of backwards. The interview is in New York City.

vmoandco
9th Dec 2002, 07:31
here's a link on pilot pay:

http://www.ppjn.com/juk.html

Clowndown
12th Dec 2002, 00:26
Please excuse my international currency ignorance but I believe that the salary of 41,000 Lira has been discontinued...no? If this in euro dollars how does that convert to USD. Thank you.

pauli767
12th Dec 2002, 02:12
I have just checked the link for pay in the USA.

SOME ONE NEED TO UPDATE THE PAYSCALES. I would estimate that they are about 40% less than true estimates today. Currently, AMR pays a 767 F/O $130/hr. for 10th year. My monthly pay is over $10500.

After Carty asks for pay cuts this may all change.

A 4thyear United 767 F/O was making $ 150/hr until the furlough.

It's only money!!

eaglejet
12th Dec 2002, 18:59
The exchange ratio between Euro/USD is approximately 1. 1€=1USD

dhoonk
12th Dec 2002, 22:24
Clowndown:

The payscale will be in the package that you will receive about a week or so after you get 'the call'. But here it is anyway:

USD61,308 - USD103,428 in 10 annual increments
plus 15.5% Provident Fund amount.

This is for a US base. The pay is different elsewhere.

Master G
14th Dec 2002, 04:08
Still interested with a ban in place??

Clowndown
14th Dec 2002, 14:35
Being former TWA my heart does not cry for any ALPA affiliate. They don't care about their members they only care about the money....and so do I. 61,000 sounds alright especially since I don't have a job and I had to take my 5 month old son to the unemployment office on Thursday. Now that I am an APA member (IFALPA) I guess I'm already a part of IFALPA (LOL) so let them throw me out...I don't see it happening. Listen I would definitely take another job if it was offered to me for much less money but the fact of the matter is no one else has called. By the time the interview process is over (8 months) I hopefully will have found something else or Management would have settled. I hope.