PDA

View Full Version : IOM vacancies

Radar35
4th Dec 2002, 20:24
Anyone got any info on IOM vacancies? What's the atmosphere like like? Pay and conditions? How come they struggle (allegedly) with recruitment?

Any info would be great, considering applying!:cool:

spekesoftly
5th Dec 2002, 00:32
Before applying, have you asked yourself if you really want to live and work on an island the size of the IOM? I'm not trying to be negative, but it doesn't suit some people. If you do get an interview, you will almost certainly be asked.

Radar35
7th Dec 2002, 16:33
Cheers, but island life not that bad, have had plenty of experience of that. The lack of response to this post makes me wonder though about the place!

flowman
7th Dec 2002, 19:26
Maybe all the others have applied for the job!
I saw an advertisement in "Flight International" a few weeks ago.
Try the Isle of Man Goverment website. I'm sure it has phone numbers and contacts. Good luck. If you like bikes would be paradise.

flowman:)

Radar35
7th Dec 2002, 20:32
Cheers again, I just have a problem with the idea that they only pay for travel if they offer byou job and you accept or if not offered, and then only up to 400 quid. depends where you live but the awkward flights cost in region of £700 and then four days leave needed for a two day interview.

I don't see much positivity coming from IOM guys or people that have worked there before, so I think this is a bit of a loss leader.

flowman
7th Dec 2002, 22:29
"awkward flights cost in region of £700 and then four days leave needed for a two day interview."

That's island life!