PDA

View Full Version : ctc online application - anyone experience any problems?

InTheAir
2nd Dec 2002, 11:21
I have not as yet managed to complete it, the form is extremely buggy in several places. I've cheated it a few times but on the last page I get an OLE DB error stating that a numeric value cannot be converted to varchar.

Anyone successful yet?

mbcxharm
2nd Dec 2002, 12:36
I had the same problem and was in the middle of composing an email about it when it just started working again (on my 3rd attempt).

carb
2nd Dec 2002, 13:09
It doesn't appear to have any data-verification built in, so you have to be careful that you don't enter too much text, invalid dates and so on or you get a less-than user-friendly error message. Those sorts of things caused all of the minor problems I had, easily fixed once you think what might be wrong. Aptitude testing right from the start, I like it ;)

rsearley
2nd Dec 2002, 14:12
Click here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72693&perpage=15&pagenumber=9)

Shamrock111
2nd Dec 2002, 22:58
I am having major problems with my application. I filled in the first few pages and when it came to entering a password I choose one and entered it, when I clicked the 'next' button the page came up saying that it could not be displayed so I clicked the back button (only once) and it some how sent me back to the very start so I started filling in the application once again but at the end of the fist page it told me that these details match details already entered, there was an option that you could click on the link and it would send you your number and password so I did. I received an email telling me my number but the password was just blank. Now I can't access my details to finish them. And every time I send them an email I keep getting a delivery failure note.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

aerfungus
3rd Dec 2002, 00:53
Shamrock, if it says your details have already been entered, its more than likely that your password has aswell!
What happens when you enter the first number they gave you and you original password?
I had the same problem later on in the application but when I logged back in the details had been saved even though it had originally said the page could not be displayed.
Im sure they will try and fix some of the bugs in the next day or two.
Good luck