PDA

View Full Version : Qantas -its started

cabinboy
11th Nov 2002, 07:18
Hi Everyone,

Friend of mine a fluent German speaker got a call from QF this morning - 15 minute phone interview !!! This is the first stage of the new recruitment process. Cust serv questions and confirmation of personal details, he was advisded by QF that he will hear from them via email to say if he will proceed to the next stage which is an interview. He only lodged his application on thursday night via staff cv and got called this morning ! :eek:

Looks like they are searching for language speakers first (which is logical )

Anyone else been called yet ?

CB

Airtart
12th Nov 2002, 08:27
Hi Guys
A friend of mine with no 2nd language was called this morning on his mobile at around 1000hrs.The interview went for almost 15mins.They asked about customer service skills and being a team player. After this they said they would advise him in about a month via email if he progressed to the next stage...........
Hope this is of help !!!!!!!
Airtart

Lozza2002
12th Nov 2002, 09:06
I was also called this afternoon and asked similar customer service and team related questions. Like airtart stated it lasted for about 15 mins. I was told to expect an email through staff cv if I was to progress to the next stage. Good luck everyone.

I forgot to mention I also do not pocess a 2nd language.

cabinboy
12th Nov 2002, 10:37
does anyone know for the people who were called for phone interviews ( the non language speaking ones ) if their surnames begin with letters from the start of the alphabet ?

I'm trying to now work out who they are calling next after the language speakers ! I wonder why internal applicants have not been called ?

What type of teamwork questions ?

It seems everyone is being told they will find out in 4 weeks time, they are not letting anyone know if they are successful.

ozflyboy
12th Nov 2002, 11:23
Well.....there doesn't seem to be any system to the calls - I too was called Tues morn and am a basic language speaker......but have friends who aren't and haven't heard anything.....was asked identical questions to everyone else....

Anyone know how many ppl are going to receive the "call?" Obviously, not EVERYONE who applied will get a call?? How many through to the next round?? Questions....questions..!!

Good luck guys!!
:cool:

notsovapid
12th Nov 2002, 12:08
I am thinking that there is a "system" as such. Probably about as relevant as that at Brittania's. with their maths test (but that's life I guess).
They no doubt are using sophisticated, computer software to sift through the psychometric test replies to find persons who match the profile defined by the (edited) HR/Psych professionals who of course know exactly what an ideal flight attendant is??????? Of course, as well as having whatever experience/education is deemed to be relevant as well!
Good luck in the great Qantas lottery for 2002!

Edited... just because you, Notso, do not fully understand the methods employed by Psych/HR professionals in assessing and applying selection criteria, does not mean they should be subject to abuse. Perhaps if you were to research slightly the history, and application of such techniques, you might realise the benfits to both employer and industry. After all, it is easy to be critical of that which we do not understand but are subjected to; it is much harder to see it's worth objectively.

Every airline and major company round the planet uses psychometric profiling, mind you, in some shape or form, so perhaps they know something you don't?

Sick Squid
CC Forum Moderator

Hmmmm... a bit "testy" there sick squid I think. Maybe you missed the underlying lightheartedness of my post as I certainly had no particular desire to denigrate that most noble of professions, psychiatry.

I do however think it is a bit of a broad sweep btw for you to proclaim that, "Every airline and major company round the planet uses psychometric profiling, mind you, in some shape or form, so perhaps they know something you don't?"
I would venture that this simply is not the case at all?

Anyway, sincere apologies to those who were offended by my apparent offensiveness!

Lozza2002
12th Nov 2002, 20:45
cabinboy my surname starts with the initial D if thats any clue. I know one thing for sure, they're not choosing candidates based on the photograph submitted...lol. By the way I was an F/A with Ansett from 1989. :)

nickmelb
13th Nov 2002, 08:32
yer i know of a few people that have know received calls...good luck to everyone...if u dont get a call its cool..wasnt meant to be right now....

cheers :)

Lozza2002
13th Nov 2002, 08:47
Hey nickmelb. I got a feeling its your time.
Good luck
:) :D :p :) :D

cabinboy
13th Nov 2002, 08:54
someone else i know got a call today also ;) he was told that they have been trying to call him for a couple of days now.

The people doing the calls do not work for QF ,they are a contracted HR company doing the initial screening. They tell everyone they will find out in 4 weeks time.

Floaty
13th Nov 2002, 21:16
I think this is unbelievable! This 1st stage selection process is absurd! What about if your are happily on the loo, laying whatever you have to lay, when suddenly your mobile rings? :D
How can you frankly give an answer to questions about customer service in such a situation?? I think serious companies should not adopt such chippy ways of selecting people. Leave that stuff to companies like Flight Center for God sake!
Well, for me it's too late (or too early) anyway...

Good luck friends from Oz!

Mrs. FloatJockey

604chic
14th Nov 2002, 01:16
I applied on line on the 6 Nov, got called 13 Nov around 1200 for the usual set of Q's. They asked Q's re RSA Certificate and First Aid (didn't they read my application??? I said yes!)

I'm Language Spk (not fluent) and have prev F/A experience.

Not sure if there is a pattern developing.

cabinboy
15th Nov 2002, 05:59
yeeeha !

( just going off topic for this post ! )

Latest News
Morrissey To Outfit Qantas Staff
SYDNEY, 13 November 2002

Qantas today announced that Australian fashion designer Peter Morrissey had been selected to design new uniforms for its domestic and international Cabin Crew and ground staff.

Qantas Executive General Manager Sales and Marketing John Borghetti said the process of selecting a designer, which began in February this year when the airline sought expressions of interest from eight Australian designers, had been intensive.

"Our staff are the face of Qantas and the way they look is very important to us and to our customers, so it is a process to which we gave a lot of attention," he said.

"The design brief was to provide a modern, attractive and functional uniform, suitable for a premium airline operating in both domestic and international arenas.

"Our uniforms must be contemporary and stylish, but they also must be up to the challenge of the very active work our flight attendants and ground staff perform. Durability, flexibility and comfort are crucial.

"Morrissey's interpretation of the design brief was very exciting. We are looking forward to launching the uniform towards the middle of next year," he said.

Peter Morrissey said: "It is a great honour and thrill to have my Morrissey fashion brand chosen by such a legendary Australian icon. My uniforms reflect the airline's modern attitude with a distinctive Australian edge."

The current Qantas uniforms were introduced in 1994.

Issued by Qantas Public Affairs (2819)

nickmelb
16th Nov 2002, 00:01
lozza2002

how did u know? or was it just a guess???:p

Lozza2002
16th Nov 2002, 01:53
lozza2002

nickmelb
I'm presuming you got the call. Feel free to PM if you like.

how did u know? or was it just a guess???

lol....only 1/2 the quote came out

cloud nine
17th Nov 2002, 08:23
Just wondering if anyone has heard when the interview dates will be held for the recent positions advertised. I heard rumours ( yes more rumours) that they will not be held untill after Christmas.

Also heard that there is no start date in mind. Everyone that is successful will only be on a "waiting/hold" list.

Does anyone know the truth? Sharing it with us pruners will be much appreciated.

;)

Lozza2002
17th Nov 2002, 08:37
cloud nine

I was told to expect an email if successful in about 4 weeks. That will be around mid Dec so I think after xmas would be a good bet

notsovapid
17th Nov 2002, 09:45
Good post! I agree with your sentiments, it is indeed encouraging to read posts laden with such enthusiasm!

I personally know a few Brits who left BA to join QF and they have loved it. Have you ever thought of giving it a bash yourself?

It often seems a shame to me that with airline cross-ownership and/or commercial alliances being commonplace these days, that there isn't greater opportunity to do temporary transfers to affiliates. After all BA has a hefty slice of QF and surely there are benefits to employers in some cross-pollenation?

604chic
18th Nov 2002, 01:37
Biscuit Chucker,

No, I haven't done the UNSW Proficiency Test and probably wouldn't get the required Level 4 at this stage. Have 2nd year Uni level for one language and private tutoring for previous nine months for another language.

Not wanting to fly Short Haul though.

what about you?

nickmelb
18th Nov 2002, 05:51
hey guys and girls

any ideas how many ppl are being called? just be good to know I guess..

anyone want to take a guess at how many people applied? 5000 maybe?

interesting stuff

cheers

nick:p

cloud nine
18th Nov 2002, 07:43
staff cv told me OVER 3700 applicants, although I dont know how many they ended up calling.

MissShagwell
18th Nov 2002, 09:56
Have any 'internals' been contacted yet or is it just 'externals' at this stage???

Cheers,

Shaggs :D

nickmelb
18th Nov 2002, 12:07
only 3700? thats not that many! i wouldve thought that around 10000 people would have applied....

interesting......:p

Floaty
18th Nov 2002, 22:03
A.A. interviewed 900 Nick... and it was a new airline... Still 3700 is an aweful lot! ... but if you're thinking about leaving sunny Melbourne and join me here, under your EU passport, to look for a job... I can offer you a place to crash and a bowl of soup! :D

Mmmmmuah!

Floaty Floaty! :p

wing8
19th Nov 2002, 01:43
Hi,
I just got a call this morning and thought person conducting interview was pleasant and easy going,I was particularly relieved and pleased that she asked me if it was a good time to talk and because I was at work offered to call back at a time chosen by me.It then gave me an oppurtunity to think and prepare more without being taken by surprise in an awkward place such as work,noisy etc.
It sounds like all people have been asked same 6 questions and notification in 1 month.they did ask about my second language eventhough it is not qf preferred.
Good-luck to all and heres hoping you all get a call!!:)

nickmelb
19th Nov 2002, 05:11
might take u up on that offer floaty!

minestone soup pls!

:p

cabinboy
19th Nov 2002, 05:22
Biccy Chucker,

I have a feeling miss shagwell is referring to internal applications - i.e - ground staff, reservations staff etc etc not cabin crew on the waitlist.

FYI shaggy - I have numerous friends in QF who have applied internally, they have all had to follow the same process as us but none of my contacts have been called.

It seems as though EVERYONE who applied to QF has received a call.

nickmelb
19th Nov 2002, 06:20
heya cabinboy

i know a lotta ppl that still havent got calls...but then again they may get called 2moro who knows

doohan
19th Nov 2002, 06:40
Hi everyone, long time since I posted on this forum.

Anyway... I just wanted to let you all know that I am an internal QF staff member, and believe it or not…was called upon today by a pleasant young lady with English accent.

I didn’t feel pressured at all. The questions were pretty much what we should all be use to by now.

One thing I did do however… was ask the interviewer questions.

E.g. how was your day? Your fingers must be numb from all of the typing… etc.etc

Believe it or not... we had a little conversation, which really did help break the ice; not that any needed breaking, but was great nevertheless.

Guys and girls.... all the best with you applications!

Good luck!

Doohan
:D :D :D :D

pushback747
19th Nov 2002, 21:36
Hey, Its 9.30am on Wed. still waiting on bated breath to be called!! Do we know if they are still calling??

Alpha Charlie Bravo
19th Nov 2002, 21:44
Not sure whether this Q has already been addressed but I seem to be getting a lot of questions regarding Staffcv's psychometric profile. It's just a bit of bull**** they came up with off their own bat to make their paying customers feel as though they're actually receiving value for money and NOT a part of the QF recruitment process.

There you go, for those that may have been wondering, you can tick that off the to do list and go back to more important things like revising scenarios for when the time comes to tell QF how wonderful we all, no doubt, are!:)

vdd
20th Nov 2002, 10:14
Hi all

I received "the call" last week as well. Such a relief!!

Doohan - my interview was very similar to yours... had a bit of a friendly chat etc. I think we might have even had the same person!

Anyway, just out of curiosity what did most people apply for - LH, SH or both?

Does anyone have any answers to Cloud Nines previous question?

All the best everyone and fingers crossed that we get thru to the next stage!!

Cheers
vdd:D :D

doohan
20th Nov 2002, 13:32
VDD, I applied for S/H.

Goodluck with the next stage... keep my fingers crossed!

:) :) :)

dejvu
20th Nov 2002, 14:04
hey
will it be a problem if i apply the post of cabin crew of QF??? well..i do speak fluent mandarin and cantonese and english.... but i live in hong kong :(

moreover how to apply for the post?

Airtart
20th Nov 2002, 19:20
Hi Dejvu,
You can apply through the website www.staffcv.com however you must hold a Australian Passort or have Resident Visa .

dejvu
21st Nov 2002, 00:45
oh then it is kinda difficult i dont have both things

will they consider to get me a work permit or something ??

604chic
21st Nov 2002, 01:40
has anyone received their email as yet? Or any other form of correspondnace? Does anyone know where the interveiws were conducted from? SYD? MEL? and who is the HR organisation that has the QF contract??

flightboi
21st Nov 2002, 02:13
Hi guys,

I, like alot of others, am still waiting to recieve that phone call. I have had 2 friends that have already been called(both on tues) and am hoping i will be next. Sounds like they have alot to get through and will just have to be patient. The suspense is killing me though. Would be greatful to hear from anyone else in the same boat. Pvt mess me if you like.
Regards
flightboi

nickmelb
22nd Nov 2002, 00:04
anyone know if they are still calling people?

Bundy
23rd Nov 2002, 10:50
I know several internal ground staff who have also had their first interview over the phone, so they are also covering the internals in this round as well.

nickmelb
25th Nov 2002, 09:42
so kiddies

whats the goss.....ive heard too many rumours about the next stage.....anyone know?

ps-skyprincess clean out your inbox girl!! tried to send u a msg but it wouldnt go thru! thx for the info!

cloud nine
25th Nov 2002, 11:36
Nick,

I haven't even heard any rumours as to what will happen next. Strange, normally I hear it all from somewhere or someone. But this time I haven't heard much at all. It's way to quiet on the Q rumour mill at the moment!

My guess is that from here Q will email and advise if required to go for the group interview. But then again, there has to be a time when they measure you and also want to see all your original documents. Usually with Q that happens before the group interviews. But this time, it seems very different.

Tell us, tell us, tell us, what goss have you heard?

I can't imagine that we will hear soon, as there are still quiet a few people that havent been called yet. sounds like everyone has had the same English girl call them. Thats a alot of calls this girl has to make. She definatley has patience.

I think its going to be a very long old process. My thoughts are even the candidates that finally are successful, will not be flying till late next year. Just a gut feeling thats all.

I'd like to know how many FA's they need. But then again, I am sure that they do not even know themselves. Gawwwd help us all if they only need 1. :eek: :eek: LOL There will be alot of very dissapointed faces around. :( :(

doohan
26th Nov 2002, 01:41
Hi there gang, just to let you all know, I have made it through to the 2nd stage, which will be on the 3rd December.
It will be a 4-5 hour day.
Just received the email this morning!

Good luck, my fingers are crossed for you all!!!

Mwah

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

flightboi
26th Nov 2002, 01:55
Hi guys,
Am still waiting for that phone call. Well done to those who have been called and fingers crossed for those of us still waiting. I believe that they are still calling people as they had soo many to go through.
Well done to doohan. 4-5 hours hey. God, prepare yourself for a long day!!
flighboi

Lozza2002
26th Nov 2002, 02:41
I also just recieved my email from QF and have been invited to attend an interview on Thurs 5/12/02 at 1300. As Doohan said it will be between 4-5 hrs duration.

Doohan...Good luck mate. :D :D :)

doohan
26th Nov 2002, 02:46
Hey thanks for that!

Its all happened sooner than expected!!

Lozza... goodluck mate, I'm sure you'll have no problems!!!

All the best!!

:)

Jewel
26th Nov 2002, 03:21
Hey i got the email this afternoon.
Im with you Doohan! On the 3rd.

wing8
26th Nov 2002, 04:41
Congratulations!!!:) :) To all three of you..

Well done and congratulations for making it through the next stage of this long, challenging process we are probably all too familiar with.
Here's to more of us getting the lucky email..
Take care & Good-luck!
wing8
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nickmelb
26th Nov 2002, 05:03
hey jewel lozza and doohan

well done kids! good luck to you all

cloud 9 i guess that answers our questions, me thinks more interviews are being scheduled in jan....maybe i am wrong though...

keep us updated everyone

ps-do u think this post will just keep getting longer!

vdd
26th Nov 2002, 10:05
Hey jewel, lozza2002 and doohan

All the best for the next round! I'm very excited for you all. Keep us posted with what happens!

NickMelb.... I don't see this post stopping or running out of steam anytime soon!

Cheers
vdd
:D

Jewel
26th Nov 2002, 22:24
Thanx you guys. Will be sure to let you know how it goes.
I think i might have first interview for Australia :( Havent heard anyone with an earlier date. No tips for me on this one. But will be sure to let u guys know what they drill me about.
i have an Emirates interview the day after so will stay in Sydney (im from Newcastle). Will let you guys know when i get back.
Good luck to everyone else who makes it thru!!

p.s. anyone else from newy?

Wingletts
27th Nov 2002, 01:50
Hi guys and gals,
My first time on PP - just wondering if anyone else has had a email from the big QF to ask them to attend another interview - no, not another phone one either!

I am quietly going insane as have been trying to get back into flying now for about 12 months now as I am ex Ansett/Kendell!

This would make all my dreams come true if I received an email very SOON! Just to get through to second stage would be so great. Does anyone know if they are still emailing people to tell them to attend interviws, or have I missed the boat, as of yesterday?. Seems lots of peopel received their 2ns interview email yesterday.

I was soo surprised they have pushed people through to the second stage already when they told us on the phone that it would be at least a month before we would hear anything!

To all of you who have succeeded ,well done and let us know all the juicy details- keep smiling! and good luck

Wingletts:confused:

nickmelb
27th Nov 2002, 02:32
wingletts

im assuming ur from melb...to be honest I dont think anyone from melb has been contacted..maybe i am wrong though...i was told today by someone that melb interviews havent even started yet..but its all rumours so who knows!

cheers

nick

Lozza2002
27th Nov 2002, 03:18
Hey nickmelb

Im having one of those feelings again.
Im sure your'e call is not far away.

Good Luck:) :) :)

nickmelb
27th Nov 2002, 04:45
hmm ok lozza

time will tell :p

Lozza2002
27th Nov 2002, 05:11
nickmelb

Check your'e pm

Wingletts
27th Nov 2002, 05:48
Nick melb

yes i am from Melb. your news today that melb people haven't been contacted by email yet gave me hope..but i hope that rumour you heard is accurate!
All we can do is wait wait wait....! -the key word in aviation and flight attending!
I sure hope you're right abou them not contacting Melb people yet !!
I am doing a job i hate at the moment ,so I am even more hopeful about this than ever.

To all those guys and gals who have manged to get thru well done and just be yourself on the day! Who knows we may see each other in the sky!

Wingletts

kjay
27th Nov 2002, 07:30
Hi All , I just received an email from Qantas recruitment to attend stage 2 , Thanking me for the time I spent recentley discussing my application, the strange thing is i havent even received a phone call as yet. Has anybody else had the same thing happen, this is for Perth Interview.

Cheers.

skyways
27th Nov 2002, 07:42
one of the girls i fly with is the same, she got an email to attend stage 2, and she also hasn't had a phone call...

is it just a perth thing maybe? she was stunned cause she'd been waiting for a phone call, hasn't had one but got the email anyway

easiest first stage interview ever! :)

vdd
27th Nov 2002, 08:39
Hi all

Just checking if there are any people out there from Adelaide that have applied and have you received an email yet?

Wondering where wannabe's from Adelaide will have to go for an interview? Melbourne maybe? Time will tell!

Thanks
vdd:p

cabinboy
27th Nov 2002, 08:49
friend of mine from brisbane got invited to stage 2 without a phone interview....good one QF, first of all you tell everyone 4 weeks wait and now your not even giving some people 7 days notice to attend an interview !

p.s - QF will not let you change interview times either, a friend of mine called HR and was rejected for time change - none allowed - to bad , so sad apparently.

ozflyboy
27th Nov 2002, 09:41
Yes guys.....Brisbane boy here who has had an offer of a SYD stage two session.....Thurs 5th - anyone else gonna be there??

Cabinboy - ur right - no changes allowed...!!!

Any other Bris ppl heading down??

;)

Lozza2002
27th Nov 2002, 18:14
ozflyboy

See you there

vdd
27th Nov 2002, 19:22
Hey there

Have just received an email to attend a Melb interview on 9 Dec. Yeeha!

So I suppose this is where ppl from Adl will be going.

Cheers
vdd:D

F27Friendship
27th Nov 2002, 22:27
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in this thread. I am from Adelaide, and this morning received an email inviting me to stage 2 on 12 Dec at 1300. Anyone else also at this time?

Also, Yesaterday I had my 2nd interview with Qantaslink (impulse), and the head recruiter, "Polita" was very encouraging toward me ... so I hope that may be a goer too. :)

I am about to look for airfares across to Melbourne for the day now.. hope it wont cost me an arm and a leg, lol.

Has anyone else from Adelaide been asked to go? Also, has anyone recently had any luck with Impulse?

Alpha Charlie Bravo
27th Nov 2002, 22:46
Hi Guys

Just got the email from QF to attend a stage 2 interview here in MEL on the 12th Dec at 1300. For those wondering about the method of contact. Don't worry about having your mobile surgically implanted just yet, all invitations to stage 2 are via email. For those from ADL (was based there myself until the AN collapse) all of my brothers and sisters in arms there who have made stage 2 are being summonsed to MEL.

Have no idea what they have in store for us this time around. The QF rumour mill has been very quiet on this subject. I believe its all being overhauled as a result of Jeanine Green (ex AN Team Mgr - SYD) having recently been appointed the new Manager - Cabin Crew Recruitment for Q.

All the very best of British girls and boys!;)

wing8
27th Nov 2002, 23:33
Hello

After checking my email every 5 mins,just got an email to say I got through to next stage,good to see they are starting to contact Melbourne people...
Good-luck again to others..
ps-my date is Wed 11th Dec
wing8:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

nickmelb
28th Nov 2002, 01:08
looks like i will be seeing some of u guys on the 12december in melbourne! yey! how exciting!:p

Ozlander
28th Nov 2002, 01:22
It's started in the West too!!!

After reading all the posts from you guys in the East, I was starting to worry about my PER application. But thankfully I received my email invite to Stage 2!!!!

Stage 2 in PER will be Friday, 6th Dec.

After jumping up and down excitedly, I re-read the email and it thanked me for spending time with QF discussing my FA application. .... what time?? I haven't spoken to anyone at QF. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a Perth thing or is it because I am an ex-FA who has already gone through the QF interview stage earlier this year (but stuffed it at the final interview). :confused:

To all of us (East and West) attending QF interviews next month, good luck and hope you see you in the QF corridors!

Oz

wing8
28th Nov 2002, 03:04
Hi,
well done for getting through,sounds odd though that you did not get interviewed on the phone-I am also an ex-FA and went through QF process this year also...don't worry too much about it,go along and do your thing,good-luck &enjoy!!
wing8:)

Wingletts
28th Nov 2002, 07:06
Hi all,
Well looks like I was worrying a bit too much as today I received an email to attend a second stage interview in Melb on 10th Dec at 1300hrs.WOW! I am soo stoked,but trying not to get my hopes up yet again , as hey we all know how recriutment goes hey! I was smiling alot though.. sheer relief at making it through to this stage!
All this happened after I had read my staffcv account and checked into the pp site on my lunch hour and just happened to flick to my hotmail account and there it was..! SOO happy!

Wing8 - I was reading your post -congrats too !- you know flightboi and so do I !! We all worked for a regional at one point and did at least one over night together in DPO.( I was on the on the other team) We will all have to catch up soon hey! Spoke to a few ex KD people tonite and one of my friends has an interview too after no phone call for first stage -bizarre! Wonder what we are all in for at the seminar hey?

If any one can shed any light on QF interviews (esp group ones ) would love to hear of some handy tips. Again well done to all of you who made it through -see you on the big day!
Wingletts::D :D :D

Trollywally
28th Nov 2002, 11:11
Hi fellow pruners

Congrats to all those people who have reached the second stage and to all the others who so far have only had the phone call hang in there ive got my fingers crossed for you all.

I put my application in on the 7th Nov and havn't heard a thing yet so Im guessing I may have missed out this time. everyone else I know has had at least the call.

I applied to Australian in about June and didn't get through so im wondering if that has had any bearing on it.

I was lucky enough to get a letter from MAM last week saying that i'm on a 6 month short list so all doors havn't shut........yet.

Has anyone out there got a short list letter from MAM and also been contacted by QF ( just wondering if that might have something to do with it.)

Also has anyone got any info on what might be happening with Qantas/MAM casuals??????????? Im hoping something might happen in the new year

take care
TW

nickmelb
28th Nov 2002, 11:29
congrats to everyone

hey lets go for the longest forum topic ever!

ps-skyprynces get in touch need to chat to u!:p

cabinboy
28th Nov 2002, 11:42
nicksy,

i was afraid this might happen when i started this topic, everytime someone replies i get an email from pprune telling me someone has responded - talk about clearing out your inbox ! ha

Good luck to everyone next week, especially my close pprune friends- you know who you are......go get em tigers !

Sunflower
28th Nov 2002, 13:47
Hello All,

I have had my phone interview and now invited to attend stage 2 at PER on 3rd December.

Well done for those I see who seemed to escape the 1st stage and get to stage 2 automatically for whatever reason!

As someone said before in this thread it is good luck in the lottery draw!

I have to work on the 3rd so I telphoned HR Cabin Services in SYD to see if they would be able to give me an alternative date. Quite simply NO was the answer. I would just have to wait for next time they recruit and start the process again. I was also told any email would just be lost in cyberspace.

My point is this. Airlines in the UK such as BA receive the same amount of applications if not more. However, they seem to manage the recruitment process a lot more smoothly. Having different dates and times that can be offered as they understand people do have work committments.

I believed that potential employees were taken on their ability and skill sets. However they seem to be precluding candidates on the grounds that they cannot make the 1 and only interview time allocated. A little unfair in the recuitment process I believe...

Well enough from me and all my best wishes to those who have and havent got interviews. As I always tell myself it is all for a reason.

cabinboy
28th Nov 2002, 22:21
Sunflower,

you are totally correct in everything you said, people are being discriminated against because of the fact that they can't get time off to attend a QF interview, the answer " no " from QF simply shows the attitude to the recruitment process they are showing this time, they obviously don't care if there are fantastic applicants out there, all they care about is that people turn up to the group interview sessions they have organised and they will choose the best of those applicants for positions who were lucky enough to have the day off or whatever ! The reason why they can do this is because they are QF and people fall over themselves to get selected for a position. The fact is that QF have made a total cock up of this initial process, the fact that some people have been rejected for interviews after a phone interview and some have been invited to second stage without a phone interview just goes to show what an unorganised mess this is. Quite simply it is now clearly obvious why no-one at QF cabin HR will answer the phone, nice one guys - nice "spirit " of Australia you are showing.

For some people 5 days isn't enough to organise a shift swap or time off from work to attend an interview and on top of that organise airfares and accomodation during this busy time of the year for everyone.

I feel sorry for the people who go through this process to only be offered a fixed term contract at the end of it. :rolleyes:

Sorry that my comments are harsh but having to watch people VERY close to me almost get into tears due to the stress of this whole thing makes me unhappy.

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO SUCEED !

CB

notsovapid
29th Nov 2002, 05:16
I have to agree with the last few postings. I have witnessed many good people reduced to tears so unnecessarily because of this randomness and indiscriminate discrimination policy that seems to abound in Australian aviation management/HR circles.

I have been offered an interview next month, yet I too, never received any phone interview!

I feel personally bad and very sorry for other perfectly good candidates who haven't had the benefit of good luck here. I think the thing is, Australia is still immature in some of its processes. That whole psychometric interview process, the calls to some and not others, it simply highlights the poor standards of management in our country compared to other nations (sometimes). I think Australian aviation might suffer more as well because there are simply too many "recycled" managers in the business. A lot of the same old faces (and hence ideas and styles) from the collapsed basket-case of Ansett are now being re-invented and employed at Qantas.

The job market here is small and insulated. Many times it is a case of "jobs for the boys" and this makes matters worse I think. This is one of the reasons why I favour airline exchange programs so much for staff; new ideas and influences etc.

It's not right that supposedly, "the most valuable asset in a company, the employees" are being treated in this way. Little wonder that cabin crew become a difficult group to manage subsequently. The seeds of dissent are being sown right now in this process. Why don't managers care and think about these kinds of issues which would serve to make their own management roles less stressful longer-term, as well as increase the willingness of employees to go the extra-mile. If you really want to give the best in customer service you have to at least acknowledge what the "grinning pullover" Sir Richard Branson (not my nickname unfortunately) does, and that is, that your staff must be fully committed to your business first and foremost.

flightboi
30th Nov 2002, 00:05
Hi guys.
Just checked my e-mail this morning and i too, have made it to the 2nd stage in melbourne on Wed 11th dec. I'm soo relieved as i 've had 2 friends made it through and now i have too. the strange thing is, i seem to have by-past the phone interview and not had one at all, and have made it to 2nd stage already. How's that for freaky.
Anyway, well done to all guys who made it through to 2nd stage and fingers crossed for those who are still yet to hear.
Extra well done to Wing8 and Wingletts!!!
flightboi

I_In_The_Sky
30th Nov 2002, 02:43
Does anybody have any idea what might be involved in the stage 2 interviews? The email stated that it will go for 4-5 hours, but no indication if it will involve 1 on 1 discussion, or maybe some practical things. Normally I would dress in suit and tie for any interview, but the fact this interview is for 4-5 hours i am inclined to think comfort might be in order. Anyone else have other ideas?

Good luck everyone!!;)

Airtart
30th Nov 2002, 07:12
I_In_The_Sky

Forget the comfort !!! Wear a suit and tie, think Corporate !!

chellybee
30th Nov 2002, 09:35
:confused:

Hi, I'm a new pruner on the block so please look after me.
Currently a flight attendant for regional airline but also am in with a go at a 2nd interview for Qantas on Tuesday.

I got a call but all my other collegues bar one didn"t so how the hell does that work and why I wonder?

Can you veterans help me out as I hear that the line of questions for the one on one later stage are from a book.And of course if anyone has the book and would care to mention afew questions which they may ask I will be very grateful.

This is my third crack for the red roos so wish me luck!!

Is anyone else a tad stressed?

Chellybeegood
xxxxxx

I_In_The_Sky
30th Nov 2002, 10:41
Biscuit Chucker and Airtart,

Good advice! Thank you both

Xenia
30th Nov 2002, 14:36
Hello Chellybeegood and welcome to PPRuNe :)
I merged your thread with this as it is the same. If you want to reply to a thread just click on "reply" on the topic you are reading;)
Ciao

nickmelb
1st Dec 2002, 03:34
qfmike

good luck with ur interview....

and to everyone else doing their interviews in perth and sydney best of luck to u all :p :p

ps-pprune people love the new colours!

skypryncess
1st Dec 2002, 09:50
Can anyone help.... Building C level 4, Is this the same building as the LH crew base?

Cheers

timos
1st Dec 2002, 11:49
Skypryncess,

You are correct QCC4 is the same building as where LH base is located. Just take the lift up to the 4th floor and upon exiting the lift turn right and go through glass door.

Cheers and good luck.

MissShagwell
2nd Dec 2002, 10:00
GOOD LUCK to all those with interviews around the country this week. Unfortunately I am not one of the lucky ones this time but maybe soon. Please let us know how you all go and best of luck to all candidates.

Shaggs :D

P.S. Congratulations to Qantas for stuffing up the recruitment process for everyone.......AGAIN!!!!!

nickmelb
2nd Dec 2002, 10:07
just saw an ad on the tv for QF..had a really cute dog in it...look out for it...very very cute!:p

stevemelb
2nd Dec 2002, 14:49
Anyone been for a QF interview this time round? Understand interviews are this week and would appreciate any info of the format used this time. Has it changed much since last time. Good luck to all with interviews....

Airtart
3rd Dec 2002, 08:34
Hi Guys
Have just finished Stage 2 interview, went for about
3 1/2 - 4 Hours.
No panel interview (that's the next stage !!)
All group, very relaxed and very friendly, nothing too difficult,
know a bit about Qantas..history etc.
Do about 4 different group assessments, a different facilitator assessing you for each activity.

We will be advised by email within 48hrs if
1.We go through to Stage 3 (panel interview)... or
2. Thanks, but no thanks.

Hope this helps you !!!!
Good Luck !!!!!!!!
:D :D

kjay
3rd Dec 2002, 10:09
Airtart

Thanks for the info, I feel a bit more relaxed now I know the format. Have been busy cramming my tiny head full of useful facts about qantas, my head feels like it will explode, information overload.

Have my interview tomorrow morning,up nice and early for a brisk walk to clear the head.

Good luck to everyone.:) :cool:

I_In_The_Sky
3rd Dec 2002, 12:09
I had my stage 2 group interview on Monday. Thought i did fairly well, answered some company history questions which i thought impressed, but just got my rejection email this (Tuesday) afternoon. :( Oh well, at least this whole episode got me off my backside to get my senior first aid certificate, and a useless RSA certificate lol. and to think i paid extra to have the photo id version of the RSA, which as a matter of fact i'm still waiting for. But hey i'm not bitter, just a little empty and dissapointed tonight. I'll get over it though, and i know i won't be alone, but that makes me sadder.

Good luck to everyone else!!:)

Ps. I finally got my call from staffcv, this morning, AFTER STAGE 2!!! :eek:

Cart_tart
3rd Dec 2002, 13:34
where was your interview I_in_the_sky??

I_In_The_Sky
3rd Dec 2002, 14:35
Cart_tart

interview was in sydney.

Airtart
3rd Dec 2002, 19:40
I_in_the_sky

Try not to bash yourself up too much about missing out THIS time
it's OK to feel sorry for yourself for a SHORT period of time.
In the past I have allowed myself no more than 3 days to whinge and post mortem the interview.
After that, it is time to start refocusing for the next opportunity that will come along.

Australian Airlines will be looking for Cabin Crew in the second half of 2003.They will be opening their 2nd crew base as well, location not known at this stage, but Melbourne is a favourite !
Don't forget that Qantas is expanding, they will need a lot more crew in the next year.

Don't give up !!!!
Ask yourself :
How badly do you want to fly ?
What do I have to do to achieve sucess in the interview process ?

nickmelb
3rd Dec 2002, 19:56
Hey I IN THE SKY

Know how u feel, the rejection can be pretty bad...best way to look at it is that it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe something better is around the corner, or the timing just aint right!
This QF interview will be my 10th interview this year! arghhh But u just gotta keep going and going!

Good Luck!

:p :p :p :p

Floaty
3rd Dec 2002, 23:59
Hey I-in-the-sky! Don't bother trashing yourself with chocolate ice cream for days okay? We already have someone (I won't mention your name Kjay, I promise!) with previous history of food poisonning after a negative answer... it's not the case to repeat such a thing!! :D Still, the coated brownies are a must! Try them before the interview instead of after... much more enjoyable! After all, don't we all forget GUILT quicker than DISAPPOINTMENT?? ;)

Persistance is THE KEY WORD! I am personally still waiting for 2 companies to give me their answer after a stage II with both of them, however tonight I've booked another ticket to the UK for an assessment with british midland... just in case!!!!!!!.... :D Gosh! I got bumped by so many companies in 2002 that I don't even remember how many of them said no... eehh... let's try: Sunstate, Impulse, Emirates, Australian Airlines (x2), Virgin Blue, United... oh! Qantas and Eastern even refused to give me an interview because of my visa... Now I'm having a crack at the other side of the globe... Already 3 interviews in less than a month.
So, for time being, the Grand Total is 8, going for 9 this week-end! :eek:
Believe me, there are plenty of people in this industry who scored between 11 and 14!!!!!... Others simply got it from day one! I don't have such a Charm I guess, but I know I can do a great job if I find my little spot... The more I get rejected, the more I convince myself I really have something to give, otherwise I wouldn't insist so much torturing my self-esteem!! :rolleyes:

Really folks! I know I might sound like an old bag with this bla bla but any successful man will tell you the same: PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF! Positive thinking and a smile on your face will also help!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Mrs. FloatJockey

Jewel
4th Dec 2002, 03:39
Hey you guys. I just returned home from my Qantas interview that was yesterday and i'll tell all of you not to stress about it. It was a really well planned interview and alot of fun. Took about 3 ˝ hrs. Just waiting now to hear back....enjoy to all you guys going!

jupiter2
4th Dec 2002, 06:12
Expect the QF domestic base to open April 2003. They will require 60 cabin crew and will advertise locally.

kjay
4th Dec 2002, 06:18
Hi all, Just got home from my interview this morning, and it was really quit relaxed, the Facilitators really now how to loosen your nerves up.
So good luck to everyone.
I IN THE SKY
Sorry to hear about your email, dont give up like floaty said persistance is really the key.
Floaty.
I havent got any sighns of poisioning this time around. I might have a severe case in a couple of days though.

Cheers:)

cloud nine
4th Dec 2002, 07:22
So sorry to hear of those that didn't make it to Stage 3. We all know all to well how hard it is. The best thing is to realise that it is nothing personal, it just isn't your time yet, thats all.

It is very upsetting to realise that you havent made it this time, but what is meant to be, is meant to be. As one door closes, another opens.

It's been said before, but you really have to remain positive and keep trying.

Best of luck to all those that are still in the game.

And a big BEST WISHES to you Nickmelb, lets hope that this is it for you.

wing8
4th Dec 2002, 07:36
nickmelb & Floaty-
You are both almost the true meaning of "persistance",great attitude,passion,drive,determination & the ability to still have faith and hope for other people.Nickmelb interview number 10 sounds like a good number-they've gotta give it to you after #10 just on pure persistance factor....
I hope to see your next post read SUCCESS!
:D

nojacketsrequired
4th Dec 2002, 07:44
For all you QF guys there's some nice photo's of QF,Link,Impulse etc on:-

www.worldairlinephotography.co.uk &
www.airliners.net

Happy flying,

NJR.

wing8
4th Dec 2002, 08:44
Trollywally check your pvte messages...:) in response to your post on 28/11
wing 8

nickmelb
4th Dec 2002, 09:17
cloud nine and Wing8 u guys r too nice..we will see what happens next thursday here in Melbourne.

its all so exciting :p :p :p

u guys r cool stay that way

cheers all

Lozza2002
4th Dec 2002, 09:24
Yeh Good Luck nickmelb

Its my turn tomorrow...:D :D :D

flightboi
4th Dec 2002, 23:12
Hi guys,

All the best for you interview nicmelb. Like wing8 said, they have to give it to you after 10 interviews just out of persistance if anything. Best of luck to floaty aswell. I'm going to mine on wed 11th so am doing alittle study over the next few days to prepare.
After reading some of the replies from people who have already gone through stage 2, it seems like the key element is to have fun and be totally relaxed and be yourself.
flighboi

cabinboy
5th Dec 2002, 01:47
hi all,

A good friend of mine attended the group interview and got his rejection letter yesterday - this was his 26TH Flight attendant interview - HONEST. He has tried over and over for years and, for lack of a better word has been kicked in the gux each time.

Now if that is not determination then I don't know what is !

kjay
5th Dec 2002, 06:25
Well i just got my rejection letter, So I might have a severe case of chocalte poisoning tommorow.
On the positive side it was good interview experience, and that was only my 4th flight attendant interview so ill take some insperation from the people who have been through the process so many times, and keep following my dream.

Ill keep my fingers and toes crossed for the rest of you waiting to get to the next stage.

Cheers:( :)

I just got my phone call fom staff cv this morning as well, a day after the second round.

nickmelb
5th Dec 2002, 06:50
lozza2002 how did u go?

kjay...dunno what to say chin up! lets all have a big ice cream binge!

Lozza2002
5th Dec 2002, 07:15
nickmelb

check your pm

nickmelb
6th Dec 2002, 22:58
gone very quiet last few days whats everyone doing?

Lozza2002
7th Dec 2002, 01:38
nickmelb

check you're pm

nickmelb
7th Dec 2002, 02:54
lozza

this all sounds too repetitive!

ps-put my money on the 3rd horse in the 20th race

thanks for the tip
hahahahaha

:p :p :p

check ur messages

Hawk
7th Dec 2002, 03:18
NOTSOVAPID

I certainly had no particular desire to denigrate that most noble of professions, psychiatry

You might also add to your list of suggested research.. the hypothesis that the design, development and implementation of many clinical and recruitment instruments (including those used for aviation recruitment) is the result of research by scientists from the profession of Psychology NOT Psychiatry.

cabinboy
7th Dec 2002, 05:31
Hi again,

A close friend of mine who had the phone interview just received an email today thanking him for having the phone interview and that his details would be held for future recruitment due to his inability to attend the stage 2 interview, funny thing is - my friend NEVER EVER received an invite to the 2nd stage.

Anyone else receive the same thing ?

CB

Alpha Charlie Bravo
8th Dec 2002, 02:13
There are those of you who would appear to be under the misguided assumption that the initial stage 1, 15 minute phone interview is being conducted by staffcv. This is not the case, QF have outsourced this to a separate company.

Disclaimer - the author of this advice has no legal or financial interest in staffcv.

Wingletts
8th Dec 2002, 03:13
Hi guys,
Just like everyone else into the study about QF history etc and working on a few of the standard customer service oriented qus responses.
For anyone that has already been to the second stage how much do you realistically need to know about history of QF etc and aircraft etc- surely theyare more focused on recruiting people who can deliver great c/s and have an ability to work well in a team, rather than people who are walking encyclopedias about QF?

If anyone can shed any light on any of the above I would greatly appreciate it ( before Tues 1300hrs) - I'm getting nervous and excited now! Anyone else going in Melb on Tues?

GOOD LUCK FINGERS CROSSED EVERYONE! QF will benefit from an injection of passsionate and enthusiastic f/a's!

Wingletts

Lozza2002
8th Dec 2002, 04:52
Check you're pm

lozza

stormywx
8th Dec 2002, 05:45
If anyone has information on the 3rd round (panel interview) can you ) PM or e-mail me, I have one this week in Syd.

Thanks!
stormy

notsovapid
8th Dec 2002, 08:01
Hey guys, calm those nerves!
The group interview goes for about 2 1/2 maybe 3 hours. The QF staff who facilitate it go out of their way to be friendly, calm and re-assuring. Try your best to enjoy the day as there will doubtless be some candidates who go through who shouldn't have and some who won't go through who SHOULD have. Errr, if you get my drift??

The format is nicely paced, a round-the-room discussion about QF and its history, size etc. all very general, not too in-depth. If you know when the airline was born and a few stats about the current size of Qantas, you will have an opportunity to shine!

There are then 3 group activities which I won't spell out in detail because this may vary anyway from interview to interview. Suffice to say that there is no RIGHT or WRONG solution anyhow. It is all about communicating with your table mates and together producing some sort of an outcome. Simply hope that you are seated with some like-minded people on your table (the seating seems to be chosen randomly).

Heard much interesting gossip from many participants about various goings on in the industry. Factually, some people there on the day hadn't completed the much-touted psychometric profile, nor had some candidates been interviewed by phone beforehand. My name wasn't on the list of interviewees for the day. All of these are perhaps difficulties associated with the various outsourced procedures being followed at the moment.

Rest assured that the decision-making is being made by the Qantas staff assigned to the day however. That at least seems to be in good hands.

Has anyone else heard that Australian Airlines are short of crew already? I was told that management there have made selective phone calls to individuals, inviting them to a one-off interview and then offering a job. This seems to me to make an absolute mockery of the 3 stage process used to cull out the chaff a few months ago. How does anyone else feel about this allegation?

chellybee
9th Dec 2002, 00:12
Hi fellow pruners,

I have got a panel interview this week and wondered if anyone else has ever been through one as this is the farthest I have got so far!

The formula I have adopted so far has worked and that is to be yourself and relax( easy to say ) and smile smile smile!

Can anyone out there send a few examples to the rest of us with ideas on questions and what is the other stage (the psch test) like.

As you can see I am going with the flow but really would love some ideas and tips,

All the best to the rest,
chellybee;)

wing8
9th Dec 2002, 02:48
chellybee...

Congratulations and well done for making it this far,check your PM box as I had a panel interview a few months ago,your formula is spot on...Good-luck and take care
wing8;)

wing8
9th Dec 2002, 05:47
check your PM
take care
wing8;)

ozskipper
9th Dec 2002, 07:12
Allo posters!

I'm a new lad on this and like many of you have my 2nd stage assessment / interview day coming up this week.

This is actually my first application to QF and was wondering whether anyone out there knows what sort of salary a flight attendant (LH is what I applied for) earns.....

I've applied without any knowledge because I'm very keen for the job, but wouldn't mind knowing what the avg take home salary might be....

Any other advice would be great!:confused:

Also, anyone else have their group interview on Thursday 12 0800? Would be helpful to know some names to look out for! (safety in numbers!) lol

Cheers

Wingletts
9th Dec 2002, 07:27
Hi guys
Just to say good luck to all those who have interviews tmrw and the rest of this week in Melb. Mines tmrw at 1300hrs - i'm really looking forward to it and feel good. Had the facial and hair thing done today so feel like i'm physically prepared at least!

Just so hard to know how it all will pan out. I've had a **** year (like many ex-AN f/a's have this year) so maybe luck will be on our side tmrw?
If any one is going to my seminar tmrw, p/m me tonite OK! Love to chat with you and meet some of my newly adopted fellow ppruners!

Arms, legs, eyes, and fingers crossed for everyone! -thanks for all yr help everyone.

Cheers
Wingletts

wing8
9th Dec 2002, 07:29
Hi,
check your email,hope you get my message...
wing8:confused:

stormywx
9th Dec 2002, 09:27
You can see the QF F/A awards (which include rates of pay) at Awards (http://www.osiris.gov.au) Just search "Flight Attendant".

Cheers
stormy

Wingletts
10th Dec 2002, 21:18
Hi guys
Well all over and done with - had my second round in Mel yesterday. it was very professionaly run and everyone seemed to be enjoying thmeselves. Really ...very little preparation to be done (apart from your personal grooming side of things) and a little bit of QF background /history.
Everyone was very nervous upon arrival, but that soon changed after all the facilitators loosened everyone up with a few jokes and giggles etc. I met some lovely people and lots of ex-An faces too!

I feel OK about it all..but not a really definie feeling as to how I went on either side. Just worried I won't make the hieght requirement b/c I think i'm just under. Very worried about that. But there again you would think that they would be looking at the whole picture to recruit the cream of the crop. Who know's.

I do know one thing - I just want to fly!. GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE YET TO GO TO THEIR INTERVIEWS THIS WEEK. REMEMBER- SMILE SMILE SMILE AND EYE CONTACT TOO! and.. be yourself.

Maybe I'll hear something soon?

Take care
Wingletts

Ozlander
11th Dec 2002, 01:21
Just went through the 3rd stage here in Perth and it was great. It was a relaxed half hour chat. There was the usual customer service questions but surprisingly no "What do you know about Qantas?" questions.

Then after the interview, it was off to the Personality Profile test.

So all in all it was relatively painless, except for the peak hour drive into town in a non airconditioned mini with vinyl seats on a 38C day!! :mad:

Should hear (by email) before Christmas. There are 160 people being interviewed this week in Perth, but they weren't saying how many people they were recruiting and if it's short or long haul.

Watch this space ...

Good luck to all West Ozlanders going through the 3rd stage this week.

And to all East Ozlanders going through stage 2 ...have fun!

Oz :cool:

How strict is QF regarding height requirements?

My girlfriend who is currently an F/A for an O/S airline had her 2nd stage interview in MEL this week. When measured at the interview she was 1cm short, but yet when measured at home after the interview she was 1cm over.

She decided not to question the measurement as she feared "sudden death" but worries that she has wasted her time flying to MEL for this interview.

Is QF like other airlines, if you fail the height requirement you can't advance to the next stage of interview, ie. you leave then and there. Or do they tease you and let you stay for the interview even though you have no chance? :confused:

Would appreciate some input with this one ... just to put her mind at rest.

Thank you
Oz

stormywx
11th Dec 2002, 08:33
I know there are some Qantas recruiting staff who read this forum so I just wanted to pass on the following to you...

I went through stage 3 today and have found stage 2 and 3 to be the most comfortable, friendly, professional, relaxing and streamlined airline recruitment process I have ever gone through.

The CSS's and CSM's that I have come accross have all been very friendly, relaxed and knowledgable, they seem to truely be interested in people and the process and aren't just treating you as a number.

It seems that QF are finally making an effort to improve their service standards and if more and more of their crews are managed by and inspired by the people I have seen in the last week then QF will again be a fantastic airline.

Congrats on a great process, it is really working for you, everyone I have spoken to has enjoyed it and has nothing but praise for it.

No matter which e-mail comes next, it has been a fun, educational experience and if nothing else, I have come out of it with a much higher respect for Qantas and a much better feeling about their future.

Stormy.

wing8
11th Dec 2002, 10:27
please check your PM-:D :D :D

ozskipper
12th Dec 2002, 02:26
Had my second stage interview this morning at 0800.

Loads of excellent & friendly candidates about - so felt a little more relaxed than I thought I would - mind you, still felt very nervous!

I think I muffed one of the exercises and I'm not sure I smiled enough - but at the end of the day I behaved how I would normally, so if I don't make the grade then I'm probably not what they're looking for.

Apparently we'll know something within the next 7 days - not the 48 hrs which has been previously reported in other posts.

Good luck to those who are going / got through!

Cheers

Wingletts
12th Dec 2002, 05:57
Hi guys

Waiting Waiting! Has anyone from interviews in Melb on Tues 10th heard anything yet regarding a thrid interview or a thanks but no thanks?
If so let us know! I'm TRYING to be paitent ... so hard ..just trying to keep busy ,but I guess they'll take their time on this one if third round interviews aren't scheduled until Jan for Melb candidates.

Well done to all of us hey -we have jumped the first hurdle at least.
Thought QF were very professional and friendly. made us all feel really welcome.:)

Keep us updated

Wingletts:rolleyes:

Hi to Ozlander and Wing8 -read your p/m's oK!

Wingletts:D

vdd
12th Dec 2002, 07:13
Hi Wingletts / all

My interview was on Monday in Melbourne and I haven't heard anything yet, although they did say we would be advised within 7 days. So am waiting:)

Pretty much like everyone, I found the group assessment quite fun and very well run, although I was a bit nervous. I have no idea how things will turn out as all the candidates seemed very nice.

My fingers are crossed! I really admire the big QF and I think it would be a great place to work. The flight attendant staff conducting the assessment were great!

Anyway, I'll keep you posted if I hear something soon.

Cheers
vdd:D

nickmelb
12th Dec 2002, 07:24
hey boyz and girlz

had my interview 2day at 1300...was really cool..so relaxed and friendly...even had the Kylie music going on in the background while they checked our documents...all the staff were really nice and made you feel as ease...been to heaps of interviews but this one was the best one ever..just so relaxing!

good luck to everyone here's hoping you all make it to the 3rd stage :p :p :p

Nick:cool:

Evacuate
13th Dec 2002, 03:29
:rolleyes: :)

Hi everyone

I'm a new user of Pprune. Have also been through QF interviews. Got an email this morning saying I got through to stage 4, medical / security check. Went through in Perth.

Good luck to all of you guys out there waiting 2 here. Fingers crossed.

wing8
13th Dec 2002, 03:55
Evacuate

Well done!Congratulations,you're nearly there-When did you have your panel interview?

Good-luck with the rest of it,you can PM me if you need any info re:process as I have been through it before

Take care
wing8:)

amyyma13
13th Dec 2002, 04:00
Currently waiting for a phone call from a contact within Qantas. Judy is the only female board member and has been with Qantas for the past 25 years and wrote the manual for the Interviews (good contact). I met her husband and son a few months back and they said if I ever need a foot in the door they will help me. A little nervous and would appreciate and helpful tips to use during the phone call.

Lozza2002
13th Dec 2002, 04:56
Wing 8 &Evacuate

Please check you're pm

lozza2002

cloud nine
13th Dec 2002, 04:56
Amyyma,

The only tip, is to apply through staffcv, like everyone else and wait for recruitment again.

By the way, pprune probably is not a good place to tell everyone that you have a "contact" that is going to help you get your "foot in the door".

There are alot of good people on here that have spent many hours worrying, and spending alot of money just getting to the interviews.

These people have been waiting for years for QF to start a recruitment drive again . So I dont think that it is going to be appreciated that someone comes onto pprune asking for advise regarding how to call thier "contact" to hopefully get a foot in the door.

Dont mean to be nasty, Im just being honest. Your best bet is go through the process like 4000 other applicants, or keep your information about your "contacts" to yourself.

Anyway moving right on now, to something more positive....

GOOD ON YOU EVACUATE! Thats fantasic. Thats what we want to hear. A pruner that looks like getting through. Well done. Your hard work and dedication is paying off. You must be so excited.:D

Evacuate
13th Dec 2002, 05:11
:eek: :eek: :eek: Lozza
Check your PM

EVACUATE

wing8
13th Dec 2002, 06:31
Lozza2002-your PM is waiting to be read..;)
wing8

Ozlander
13th Dec 2002, 11:06
Congratulations Evacuate, it's good to see a fine ppruner make it to the next stage. After reading your post, it prompted me to check my email. Nothing in my in box, but I found my "Stage 4" invitation in my Junk mail box. Good thing I read your post, otherwise I would of deleted it. :eek:

Hope to see in the QF corridors in west Oz

xx Oz :D :D :D :D

kjay
13th Dec 2002, 11:38
Well done evacuate and ozlander, must be a fantastic feeling after putting all the hard work in.
:D :D

flightboi
13th Dec 2002, 23:44
Hi guys,
Haven't had a chance to get on here the last few days. Had my 2nd round group interview in melb on wed 11th and all went well.
I'm now playing the waiting game like alot of other candidates in melb. They said we would hear within 7 days so fingers crossed for all involved.
I have to say i was very impressed with the way in which the group interview was handled. The facilitators were very friendly, professional and made you feel relaxed from the moment we all arrived. The morning was spent conducting acivities at our tables and a short q&a about QF history and flight attending.
Overall, a very pleasent and relaxing moring.
Well done to those who have made it to stage 3 and 4 in other cities. It sounds like melb candidates may have wait alittle longer than others.
flightboi

Wingletts
16th Dec 2002, 00:52
Hi guys,
Still wainting for our thrid round responses here in Melbourne - can't wait to be put out of misery so i can drown my sorrows with ice-cream and tim tams or celebrate in stlye with some Moet and more Moet...!;)

i'm off to finish my Christmas shopping and indulge in some retail therapy..

Good luck to all Sydney and Perth candidates who have their third round interviews this week!:D keep us posted ...

Well done to Evacuate and lozza2002 fro making it thru this far- what an achievement!

Take care
Wingletts

nickmelb
16th Dec 2002, 05:33
how did the xmas shopping go wingletts?

i havent even started mine yet....arghh!

We only have to wait a few more days (i hope!)

best of luck to everyone in Melbs waiting

wing8
16th Dec 2002, 06:26
Do you think they will stick to the 7 days waiting period(re:email notification) as ours (Melb)will be up in the the next very few days??
Lets hope we'll be put out of our misery before xmas???
"Once" again-GOOD-LUCK!;)

Ozlander
16th Dec 2002, 08:47
Wow what a day!!

Today is my only weekday off until after New Year. So I spent the morning doing my first/last minute Xmas shopping, and then the afternoon getting my aviation medical done and sending off my security forms to the big QF.

Aaah, don't you just love doing a wizz in a jar while there is another chick watching you!! :eek: Talk about performance anxiety! :o Not to mention the needles for your immunisation status. The things we do.

Hope the rest of you don't get stage fright!

Until the next bit of news...

Oz

wingless
16th Dec 2002, 12:20
They watch you while you pee???? :eek: Oh my god!! I don't know that i'll cope!!
Where did you get yours done ozlander? (I'm a westerner like you) I have to have one too (YAY!) but i don't like the peeing while someone is watching routine!! I suppose it is a drug test & they don't want you swapping samples do they?!
Do you mind if I ask how much it all cost? I'm broke at the moment so hopefully it's not too damaging!
Good luck to everyone! :D
xx

wing8
17th Dec 2002, 04:45
Hello fellow PPRUNERS-
just got the news to say no go for stage 3 but I will give it another go again and again......am fortunate enough to have a rewarding job that keeps me happy enough until my next opputunity comes up to spread my wings and try something else.
Am looking forward to reading about MANY Pprune members' success stories in the next few days as I carry on living the moment;)
My thoughts and hopes are with all of you waiting to hear and also to those who have heard like myself and will PERSIST!
Take care..
wing8:) :)

nickmelb
17th Dec 2002, 05:04
Just got my rejection email as well Wing8!

Oh well there is always next time kiddies, we are very lucky to have gotten to stage 2...

off to play a round of tennis now

good luck to everyone in melbs, lets us know how u go!

nick!:p :p :p

ps-skyprynces tried to email u back but didnt work, thanks for the lovely email..answer to ur question probably not!

Wingletts
17th Dec 2002, 06:08
Hi guys]

Congrats to those of you who made it thru to 3rd round.

Comiserations to Wing 8 and Nickmelb - I din't make it thru either!
To be honestly honest at the moment I feel like death and very sorry for myself:( but alas another door has to open somewhere sometime -Nick Melb we have to get together for a coffee and chin wag about this whole thing I think - We are Persistant hey!We will be champions someday!
I get angry b/c I know unitl at our jobs were taken away we had perfectly good jobs .. but hey .. that's all history now1

I still want to fly and fly we will one day if not soon
I'm off to buy some chocalate ice-cream and tims tams in large quantatities along with a few good bottles of vino! Sad..but true!

Good luck to all those still in the great race!
Wingletts:p

flightboi
19th Dec 2002, 01:57
Hi guys
Got my e-mail on Tuesday saying no-go to stage 3. Ah well, it was a great experience and met some lovely people. Obviously, it was'nt meant to be this time and will give it another go next time. I too (like Wing 8) have a job i love and enjoy and will just have another go next time. Well done to all those who got to stage 3 and beyond
flightboi

Floaty
19th Dec 2002, 17:10
Have you seen that??

EvacuATE made it to the final stage.... (congratulations!)

Evacu8 (also a Ppruner) is a QF recruiter....

No bad spirit here, just noticing a funny coincidence! :D

ozflyboy
30th Dec 2002, 00:59
Hey all.....not much activity regarding the QF recruitment of late??

It would be interesting to know how many ppruners are thru to the 4th stage (medical/security/reference checks).

Does anyone have any info - as in where to from here?? I am now patiently waiting as I've sent off all the above info to QF. Fingers crossed for all of us up to this stage!!

;)

Trollywally
30th Dec 2002, 02:48
Congrats Ozlyboy and all others who made it to the 4th round.

Im not sure how QF intend to run it from here but I went through MAM interviews in June this year , medical security check ref check etc and had to wait until Nov for a letter to say I was on a short list for 6 months. I was lucky as some people waited 6 months to still get a rejection letter. apparently if you pass your medical, drug test,security check and you ref checks your application still has to go "exectutive review".......

I hope you guys are imformed quickly of you success or not as this last hurdle is the hardest wait..( Im still waiting and hopeing)

GOOD LUCK ALL

TW

Sunflower
30th Dec 2002, 03:28
Having been unsuccessful this time for QF Im trying to think positively for next time.

So what should I do re my application on the StaffCV site.
Either

1. Delete that application and resubmit

2. Leave it and hope I get called in six months

3. Any other helpful suggestions

Also congratulations to those who have been successful.

Happy Days x

ozskipper
3rd Jan 2003, 01:40
I'm waiting for my panel interview... but at the assessment day, the assessor's said that QF was looking to employ in the first half of 2003 if that helps you Ozflyboy.

Wingletts
3rd Jan 2003, 05:49
Hi guys
Got over the post QF interview blues pretty quickly, back up and on the run again fighting for the next round of interviews with The Pulse which are rumoured to be in Jan/Feb in Melb.

Oz fly boy - have a friend who made it thru to medical /security check and they will be waiting four - six weeks as to a yes or no from what i've heard. and.. then.. who knows how long before they'll put you on a start date for ground school.

Apparently the A330's that are on order are arriving ever so gradually- only one new one line now, so it might all take a while to filter thru hey-esp if a number of long-haul crew who are transferring back to short haul have to be retrained on domestic a/c and the new A330 aswell - then they will have to be training new international crew from this lot of interviews pretty much at the same time.

Well hang in there and well done to making it thru - u are luckier than most - I think alot of MElb people missed out. remember good things come to those who wait!

Wingletts;)