PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for an MCC

Needmorecash
8th Jan 2002, 04:27
Just have the MCC to do before for sending out my cv. I have narrowed down the MCC to Multiflight and London Guildhall.
Anyone out there with any experience of these two that may have some advise.
Thanks NMC

mad_jock
8th Jan 2002, 13:58
I would wait until the market picks up again.

There have been several rumours that the MCC might be scapped in favour to similar training combined with your type rating. And also if you wait until it might be possible to get a interview the sim time will help out for your sim check.

MJ

Luke SkyToddler
8th Jan 2002, 14:07
Guildhall = really, really, really good I thought. Good sim, excellent pre-course notes and the course itself was well run and relevant, I had an excellent time.

People with the qualifications of Tony Banfield and Colin Towle don't just fall out of the trees, it was a real pleasure to just listen and learn from them for a week.

Wee Weasley Welshman
8th Jan 2002, 14:26
There *are* persistent rumours out there that the MCC will be changed. It was always intended that it would be an employers responsibility. It never worked like that and the opportunity to rectify this will present itself within the changes coming from EU Ops replacing JAR Ops.

I think it might come in as a requirement for all approved type rating courses to include MCC. Therefore only people self funding type ratings would have to self fund the MCC element. This would achieve the result of the MCC being borne by the emoployer and recovered through bonding. It would also help discourage self funded type ratings by increasing the costs. The CAA don't really think paying for your own is a good idea.

Don't hold your breath though. Its too sensible an idea!

Personally I would not bother with the MCC for a while. It would be neat if you could get yourself a invite to an interview and THEN nip off and do the MCC. There are no huge waiting lists and nobody is going to care at interview if you have the actual certificate in your hand. Its a no fail course for one thing.

It would help you a lot on any subsequent sim check if you had just stepped out of a week long sim based MCC course... You are far more likely to fail your sim ride - especially if you have not got lots of currency - than to fail to get the job because your self funded MCC was a week after your interview...

Good luck,

MJR
8th Jan 2002, 14:46
I 'm afraid I don't understand your last paragraph
WWW. Could you elaborate please.

cheers

MJR

Midland Maniac
8th Jan 2002, 15:04
I know of a place in Wolverhampton called the 'Flight Centre' They have an Alsim200 FNPT2 glass cockpit MCC simulator and they do an MCC course for £1800. I believe that it is one of the lowest priced MCC courses in the UK at the moment and the standard of instruction is excellent.

I am currently finishing of my IR there and I know that the simulator is excellent. If you have another mate that wants to do the course as well, then you can get a further discount. If you want to have a look at the website its http:\\www.hgfc.co.uk

If you call them ask to speak to Nick. He is the Head of Training at the school.

Hope that helps.

MM :)