PDA

View Full Version : Barbados

stiknruda
28th Nov 2002, 09:39
I have just been told that I have to spend 2 weeks working in Barbados in early Feb. Guessing that I'll have a few hours away from tractors and as I easily tire of bikini-clad lovelies reposing on white sandy beaches, I thought I'd ask if anyone knew what the local GA scene is like? Someone surely must have a mate out there who'll grant me access to their Pitts!:D

Stik

Rusty Cessna
28th Nov 2002, 11:39
Stik,

I remember posting on the Barbados scene just after I got back about 2 years ago, I beleive it hasn't changed much since then. The thread was quite lengthy and I remember seeing it in a search of the caribean forum a few weeks ago.

I really enjoyed myself out there, Barbados takes about .8 tacho hour to get around, and after that there are endless island hopping opportunities. I beleive the airport has undergone some rebuild since I was out, but I don't think its changed much in terms of GA.

The GA scene is small out there, one flying school with a few aircraft, and unfortunately no Pitts :-(

If you want to know anything specific drop me a line and I'll do my best to answer. I also know the "most reputable tourist information" guy out there who really is top noch and publishes most of the books about the island, so if you want to know anything about general Barbados life, I should be able to answer those queries, if not I can put you in touch with the guy who will.

Have a good time ya lucky sod!
Rusty.

FlyingForFun
28th Nov 2002, 12:21
I have just been told that I have to spend 2 weeks working in Barbados Do you want to swap jobs? :D

FFF
-----------------

Davidt
28th Nov 2002, 12:37
I flew in Barbados about 3/4 years ago.
There is a small friendly club at Bridgetown with a couple of C152's and PA28's + a twin of some sort . I had an hour check ride with an instructor cost about the same as home. The plan was to get a Barbadian licence which is available by doing a skill test equivalent with the licenced examiner, and then rent solo and vist nearby islands. But as there was only one attached to the club and he was off the island working it didn't come off.
Still I had a very enjoyable hour sight seeing and how many PPL's have Bridgetown Grantley Adams in their log books?