PDA

View Full Version : Dave Whitham

snchater
25th Nov 2002, 17:32
Dave Whitham the owner of Crossland Moor airfield sadly died on Saturday 23 November.
Appropriately he had just flown and hangared his aeroplane on the IofM when he collapsed with a heart attack.
Anyone who flew into "Huddersfield International" was fair game for Dave's wrath. However beneath his Yorkshire grit was a heart of gold.
He was a genuine aviation character who will be missed by many.
RIP

VP8
26th Nov 2002, 09:45
Really sorry to hear this, David was a good egg of the first order.

I first met him when I was 14 many moons ago when I used to wash the aircraft for flights up at Crosland airfield. He would pass on his experiences of life to anyone..and it was good to see him when I used to go home to 'Uddersfield.

He'll be missed by a lot of folk

RIP Dave

VEEPS :(

Negative 'G'
26th Nov 2002, 18:55
Yes such Sad news, I've also had the privilage of meeting him many times, as someone else has already said he was a True character in the world of light aviation, someone who always had an appropriate story or comment to make regarding anything aviation related, which was usually gaurenteed to end in a burst of laughter.

I send my deepest condolences to all his family & friends and just hope that his Son James can continue the families involvement in aviation and of course Crossland Moor

RIP David :(