PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Twin Star

englishal
25th Nov 2002, 11:42
Does anyone know anything about this aircraft? I know of a group forming which'll be operating one of these and could be tempted to join.

I only know what I've read on the Diamond website. Although 'only' a 4 seat twin, the spec is pretty impressive [good load carrying, excellent range / rate of climb / altitiude / speed etc], and the big plus point for me is that its Jet-A1 powered [my calculations suggest total hourly rate could be as low as 60 GBP per hour]....

I don't know anything about its SE performance or anything else, so any advice gratefully received.

Cheers
EA:)

Aerohack
25th Nov 2002, 12:59
It hasn't flown yet, or if it has Diamond hasn't made it public. Plenty of time to think about it — JAA certification is not expected until 2004, and these things have a habit of slipping.

Papa Charlie
25th Nov 2002, 13:39
EA,

If you drop Bob Green (Managing Director) an email at [email protected] I am sure he can keep you up to date.

BlueRobin
25th Nov 2002, 13:40
Twin Star still at prototyping stage. SE I expect won't be great given 125 horses. Bit like a Seminole I guess?

Beware pureflight's marketing ;)

englishal
25th Nov 2002, 14:48
Thanks for the info everyone. I too thought SE would be rubbish, but although 125 horses per side, because its turbo charged it should be able to maintain these horses to some altitude??? I see it has a 20,000' ME ceiling, but SE performance will be one of my deciding factors.

Yea I have heard of Pureflight, and intend to steer clear of them. The group is a small private group intending to purchase the A/C outright. The TS looks attractive becasue of its low running costs. I'll drop them an email.

Cheers
EA:)

100LL
29th Dec 2002, 23:30
yes it has flown and the performance is better than expected, Cruse figures are up an whats published SE clinb is better than expected as well