PDA

View Full Version : CX HKG December Interviews!!!

Minima
24th Nov 2002, 06:07
Anyone lined up for a Second interview in December in HKG?

ronnie123
24th Nov 2002, 22:58
Minima,
where and when did you have your first round. I am still in the "file" waiting for any news from CX.:confused:

Minima
26th Nov 2002, 14:37
Paris,August...it takes time buddy so wait on....Good Luck

Rin tin tin
28th Nov 2002, 08:01
Yeah, I've got one, had my first back in June.

vmoandco
28th Nov 2002, 19:33
What is your experience and how long were you on file before you did your interview in Paris?
Thank you.

Fonck
29th Nov 2002, 12:59
Feeling lonely on radiococo, VMO ?:p

vmoandco
9th Dec 2002, 07:35
Just looking for infos...;)

Rin tin tin
27th Dec 2002, 21:55
If you are lucky enough to get offered a position, the course will not be until March. apparently over 100 s/o spots have been filled since the ban. hard to knock it back if you are one of the chosen.

SkyCruiser
28th Dec 2002, 21:18
Not true Rin Tin

I was interviewed in December and I was given a course date from the end of January or Feb or March. I took the first one.

SuPeRcHaRgEd
29th Dec 2002, 01:16
Its great to hear you have made it in!
I have an interview in Sydney in January and am wondering what you guys did to prepare apart from reading Handling the Big Jets and ' Preparing for your Cathay Interview " book.

I am also interested in hearing some examples of questions asked etc and if the interview style might have changed in the last few years. I have friends already in Cathay but their interviews were 2 or 3 years ago.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rin tin tin
3rd Jan 2003, 08:53
If you have an answer to the questions in the "Preparing for Cathay" book, you will be right. most of the questions i got in both interviews were in that book. they did have a few of those, give us an example of when you used CRM to solve a prob, type questions, but only 1 or 2.
I read The Turbine Pilots Flight Manual, by G Brown and M Holt, it covers the same stuff as Handling the Big Jets but is easier to absorb.
good luck.