PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance and Flying

PFO
6th Mar 2002, 05:01
I am off to the USA in a months time and am looking for travel insurance that covers me for all the usual, plus flying as a PIC whilst I am over there.. .. .Where should I go for a decent policy?. .. .Never look for bargains in insurance, parachutes or brain-surgery!. .. .PFO

somewhatconcerned
6th Mar 2002, 05:36
'Trail Finders' gave me a good deal 2 yrs back.

slim_slag
6th Mar 2002, 08:32
Yeh, Trailfinders will charge an extra 75% for flying light aircraft. You can get a year multi-trip policy (max time out of the country 10 weeks per trip) for around £175. Not too shabby, because if you hurt yourself over here and you don't have insurance coverage the hospitals will f**k you.. .. .Forgot to add the number, 020 7937 5400. . . . <small>[ 06 March 2002, 04:33: Message edited by: slim_slag ]</small>

Sensible
6th Mar 2002, 12:32
I got one from Traffords, 0870-9000-331 cost me £90 for the year, it's a frequent traveller policy, covers any and every trip including flying but not aerobatics or professional flying or displays. It gives cover including air ambulance costs up to £5 million. They also do a cheaper policy if it's a one off trip.

EX FTE
6th Mar 2002, 13:44
I used <a href="http://www.worldwideinsure.com" target="_blank">www.worldwideinsure.com</a> for some insurance when I went to Florida a year ago. They will let you book on line and, if you need to exetend, you can do it while abroad.

Grandad Flyer
7th Mar 2002, 03:15
I also use Traffords and have found them to be very good. They do a lot of flying related insurances, so really know their stuff. They are a broker so you usually get a very good deal.

PFO
7th Mar 2002, 04:06
Thanks guys,. .. .Some useful ideas there.. .. .Once again PPRUNE delivers!. .. .PFO

Strangely Brown
7th Mar 2002, 16:38
The cheapest I found for my last trip was at <a href="http://www.navigatortravel.co.uk" target="_blank">www.navigatortravel.co.uk</a> You have to be under 35 years old for their policy.

FlyingForFun
8th Mar 2002, 02:27
I also used Traffords.. .. .They were also very helpful when I said I wanted to be covered whilst doing aerobatics, which is excluded in their standard policy. But for a small premium, and barely any hastle at all, the policy was ammended. Superb customer service. Fortunately I don't know how good they are if you need to make a claim though!. .. .FFF. .---------