PDA

View Full Version : Flying Schools

Flying Emu
5th Jan 2002, 09:56
Is anyone able to advise on a flying school in Perth that may stand out against the competition?

What are the best points to look at besides cost - having the same flying instructor stands out as well as plenty of hours on the ground with briefings - is there any other points to look at?

Windshear
5th Jan 2002, 12:42
Minovation Pty Ltd
Ph 08 9414 1064 Mobile 0419 869 810
Email &lt;[email protected]&gt; or <a href="http://www.minovation.com" target="_blank">www.minovation.com</a>
Good operator, pleasant instructor :)

Capitun F
5th Jan 2002, 13:07
Instructor - look for someone that you get along well with. You will be a very high paying customer and if you don't get along with your instructor ensure that you ask for someone else or go elsewhere.

Aviation_sl#t
5th Jan 2002, 14:54
flying emu,
Go The aeroplane Company mate and dont look back.
Would be very happy to recommend them to you and provide you with name of a fine aviator that also instructs for a living at that establishment.
I found that they undid all of the mistakes/bad habits that I was tought be a certain club that didnt care about anything else than the colour of my dollar. They do charge for briefings which is a great idea as you get someone that WANTS to be there to tell you what you did or didnt do during the previous flight. I found that during my time there I learnt good habits that I have carried over to my flying work now, and will always regard my time there as well spent

PLEASE email me so that you dont do anything stupid and go to the biggest and brightest a YPJT.

Franko
6th Jan 2002, 17:48
Flying Emu,

Min's is an excellent place to start. Apart from that the quality rule at JT is to think small. See who you are comfortable with and go from there. Good luck!