PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find info on Fokker F-27's

Gunship
21st Nov 2002, 20:47
Hi all,

I need info on these Fokkers please (F-27 that is) .. anything re fuel consumption / range endurance / running costs - anything please - online or via mail will be highly appreciated !

Mobotu
22nd Nov 2002, 05:56
Gunship try the following links....

www.airliners.net (The info section down the bottom of the screen)

www.oldprops.f9.co.uk/contents.htm (Section on F-27)

www.afts.com.au/svc_F27.htm (Aussie site on F-27)

If you can help it don't!

Cheers Mobutu

Gunship
22nd Nov 2002, 06:55
Mobuto that was great help thanks a lot !
Have you been to my location yet ?

Gunship
22nd Nov 2002, 10:53
Tx for the mail flyboy.
Again my appologies Moboto - Gunns are rusted .. ;)

Your words : If you can help it don't!
Do you mean : stay away .. do not think about the aircraft ? Are they not any good or what you mean - please as we (not Guv we ) are in quite deep discussions with these aircraft. (maritime role)

Will appreciate it.

theanalyst
22nd Nov 2002, 14:24
Gunship,

Herewith the little information I could find in books lying around.

F27 Mk100 44 seater
F27 Mk200 same, but with uprated Dart engines
F27 Mk300 Combi aircraft
F27 Mk400/600 had a freight door added and further uprated engines
F27 Mk500 52 seat stretch version

Specs for Mk200

2 x Rolls Royce Dart Mk 522 turboprops each rated at 1700 kw
Dimensions: 23.56m x 8.51m
Wingspan: 29m

OEW 11,159 kg
MTOW 20,410 kg
Cruise Speed 480 km/hr
Range 2,211 km

I see there was some modifications done by the guys in the Netherlands for use as a maritime patrol aircraft at some stage. Weights etc. differs slightly.

Gunship
22nd Nov 2002, 15:51
the analyst, tx a lot man.

Can anyone help me with running costs / fuel consumption and what you pay for maritime pilots ?

Greatly appreciated !

Mobotu
22nd Nov 2002, 17:52
Okay guys the Aussie site I gave you listed the fuel consumption as 650kg per hour.. for the 100 series - the later uses more ie 750 or so - the site also gives a good idea of maritime usage.

The only ex maritime aircraft I know of came from Holland - now there's a story (see Luft Afrik South africa - and where are these aircraft today - well Luft went tits up for starters - and the aircraft with the exception of REX Point Noir and in pieces - not really suited to Africa is the best summary for these turboprop tryhards)

Yes yes to all those dart fanatics out there there are still F27 night freighters running around Europe (Well of coarse there is they fly ISA - 10 at least and can get fuel everywhere they land making them cost effective)

Running costs are high as Dart shops and few and far between these days and since Fokker went titts up as well - surprise surprise the price of spares skyrocketed.

Rated pilots and a dime a dozen BUT will they come to work in a sh....ole - that my friends is the thirty thousand dollar question!!!!! Your probably not going to find much below 5k and 2.5k for the legal requirement - unless you want damaged goods (pilots that is) But who knows - put a free add here and see what falls out of the tree........

I need another Primus.

Mobutu (And no I try to stay East of San Tomé Guns)

Gunship
23rd Nov 2002, 00:03
Tx for your reply Mobotu,

The Australian site was not accesible this afternoon but I got the gen just now - TX !

Oh keep my sh*th*le for myself - I call it the deepest secret - believe what you read and hear - it is great - it keeps the tourists away and more fish to catch, girls, booze ... bru do I need to continue - but fine yes these guys are going to work in a sh*th*le .. yeah ... yeah ... :D

Sorry got to go .. fishing at 0900, explore latest island at 1700, sleep there and fish the whole of tomorrow (area that has the most records for any fish) .. but then again DO NOT advertise that please ... tx for all the contributions will finalize on Sunday . - TX !

LAZYB
23rd Nov 2002, 21:19
http://www.fokkerf27.freeuk.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FokkerF27/?yguid=41965587

;)

Gunship
24th Nov 2002, 19:09
Tx for everybody's assitance ! Much appreciated !

kwaiyai
30th Nov 2002, 22:55
Hi Gunship,
Probably a bit late but if its any use still have my ground school notes from JAA Typerating course on F27 (500 series), if I can send anything useful send us a message.
Regards.

Gunship
1st Dec 2002, 09:24
Tx Kwaiyai,

Very nice of you. Will keep you informed ... they are making decissions this week to go / no go but it looks promising.

Treetopflyer
14th Dec 2002, 09:38
Hey, have you already found the F27 of your dreams? If you are looking for one, I am in contact with a French guy who is trying to place in Africa two FH-227 (the Fairchild-built late F27) equipped with a cargo door. I know that cargo door won't do much for maritime patrol... :rolleyes: but anyway: if you are interested send me an email.