PDA

View Full Version : easyJet at Newcastle

transwede
21st Nov 2002, 19:57
Does anybody out thee know the score for recruitment at easy's newest base. Some people are saying you have to go and work for them at another base if you want to end up in newcastle. Is this true or can you apply directly to be based at Newcastle?

Also do they take on direct entry pursers and what type of person are they looking for? Whats the interview like?

oceanicclarence
23rd Nov 2002, 19:26
Have been trying to apply to easyjet for a position as a passenger service agent, this may or may not help you ! i saw the stuff in the news and straight away contacted easyjet, nobody could tell me anything, i contacted job centres, newcastle airport etc etc etc, still no help, went on the easyjet web site and saw an ad for passenger service agents to be based at luton, e-mailed the recruitment lady who said it was early days for filling posts for newcastle but she would hold my details on file pending recruitment. i then heard nothing. checked the site a few days ago and there was a notice stating anyone wanting to be based at newcastle would have to apply for the job at luton etc then be posted after that ! (this was despite saying in the news that this would be creating jobs at newcastle) no, instead they will be bussing southerners up to take our jobs as usual. v v annoying, but being the mug i am i applied anyway, sent a written app and a cv but have heard nothing, whole business seems to be badly thought out and shabby. also the spelling on the whole site is v poor ! ! ! but then im just grumpy and tired. just check their site out and go from there. also ive heard that KLM UK stewardesses have the lowest IQ's in the business !

corsaman
2nd Dec 2002, 12:24
Hi Transwede - they don't recruit 'direct entry' pursers. However, if pursers are needed, usually anyone with a years experience flying with another carrier, or at EZY, can apply. There might be opportunities sooner rather than later, with it being a new base - some of us were rapidly promoted at BFS earlier this year, and very welcome it was too!

transwede
2nd Dec 2002, 20:16
are they holding any further recruitment days for NCL base?

TAM PAX
3rd Dec 2002, 07:41
A new base in Newcastle is planned to open in April 2003.

We are currently recruiting for London Luton, London Gatwick and London Stansted. For those that wish to be based in Newcastle, we recommend that you initially apply for one of our London bases. Existing crew will then be transferred to Newcastle on opening the base in preference to external applicants.

Click through to the following pages to find out more about what the job entails, our requirements and the selection process.