View Full Version : The Dream...

Flying Canuck
5th Mar 2002, 20:56
It's been awhile since I've posted, I know most readers / responders are from the JAA, specifically the UK but I'm curious as to the best course of action at this stage: . .. .Background:. .I'm living in Canada but am a dual citizen, Canada & British / late 20's / uni degree / JAA class 1 expired Nov & I haven't had the chance to cross the pond to get it current again / Transport Canada Class 1 expired Oct, but has defaulted to Class 3 which works for training / working on the Canadian Private license, I have about 60 hours, I think I could finish it off with 10-15 hours, I need some cross country time & probably will have to have a lesson or 2 to refresh as it's been a couple of months since my last flight.. .. .In Canada there's really no hope of landing a job, other than as an instructor without a Canadian ATPL (meaning 1500hrs). In the UK, there's hope, albeit slim, of landing a job with between 250-500hrs & a frozen JAA ATPL. . .. .Questions:. .If flying is what I want to do, is it worth it to make the move to the UK to complete my training to the frozen ATPL level & hope, keeping in mind the industry will be vastly different in a couple of years & I'll be 2-2.5 years older (meaning 30-31)? Also, I know this question stumps most people, but where on earth do you get the kind of money needed to pay for training, I already have about 10,000 pnds debt from uni & flying??