PDA

View Full Version : Astreaus

mwk
19th Nov 2002, 12:44
CAN ANYONE HELP ME. I HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH ASREAUS AND AS THERE ARE A NEW AIRLINE I DONT KNOW ANYTHING EXCEPT ITS FROM LGW. DOES ANYONE KNOW ROUTES, PAY, UNIFORM OR SERVICE INFO. THANX

AirSurfer
19th Nov 2002, 14:09
arent they called ASHTRAYSRUS?

MinimumRest
19th Nov 2002, 14:25
Check out the website for all the info, I think it's www.flyastraeus.com or similar, play around with it and you'll get there! They are a 737 operation from LGW and MAN, heard many good reports on their service, believe they made their temps permanent in the first year in some cases. Astraeus is foriegn for stars! (Dunno which language tho!)

Good Luck! :D

starbag
19th Nov 2002, 16:26
I'm flying for AEU at the mo. Been there since course one, and have seen the arrival of the first 737, and completed a mad summer. Loads of info on the website (some is a little out of date - but loads of other things to do). Company has a nice small family feel to it, with exceptionally high standards. Lots of interesting trips, and some real shockers (Gatwick Banjul URGHHH). Chance of promotion is very good (but you definitely have to prove yourself), and temps were offered permanent contracts subject to their online performance. Looking at taking on at least 40 cabin crew next spring with courses in Jan, Feb and Mar with interviews now. Crewing and rostering very accomodating without being pushovers. Generally a pretty good place to be with some pretty exciting rumours floating around at the mo.

flymeboy
19th Nov 2002, 16:58
Hello! I have to agree with starbag, I too am working for Astraeus and am enjoying myself! Its a great company to work for, of course there are the usual up and downs, but on the whole its really friendly and we are getting good feedback from our customers!

It will be great to see some new faces about! Dont worry about the interview - just be yourself and let your personality show! I think thats what they are after!

Enjoy it and let us know how you go! :)

sweety
19th Nov 2002, 19:46
ASTRAEUS is a very friendly airline and will welcome you if you are right for the job. Just be yourself as said before. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, our recruitment team is really nice. ;)

mwk
20th Nov 2002, 14:15
thanx guys for all your advise. sounds better than who i'm working for at mo.

hope to see u all on board soon

getoverit
6th Dec 2002, 05:57
Hmmm - i've heard other stories about Astraeus - namely that they aren't so hot to work for. Horror stories abound about crew that have tried to leave after a short time online (realising what a mistake they had made) and being told that they had to PAY to leave!! Didn't think anyone bonded their crew anymore! Also heard that they are very strict (nothing wrong with having standards tho) to the point of being dictatorial. I do know that a lot of ex Air UK Leisure / Leisure Int. crew have risen from the grave and dusted off their ice tongs to join Astraeus - they seem to be under the impression that it is like Leisure in the 'old days' - well that means it will be cheap, badly run and slightly common! Sorry guys - I know what im talking about!;)

Ridders
6th Dec 2002, 08:20
getoverit,you said that you knew what you where talking about when you said "cheap,badly run and slightly common" regarding Leisure.That may have been the case at Lgw however at Man it was a great airline to work for and i really missed it when we were taken over.
Away on long-haul for up to 3 weeks of the month with your best mates,all the crew knowing each other and actually liking each other and base managers you could actually talk too.

Whats that saying...you don't know a good thing 'til its gone.;)

corp.f/a
6th Dec 2002, 12:39
Here, here, Ridders well said!!!
I worked for Leisure at Man when the base first opened. We were well trained and worked hard to achieve the best possible service for our pax.
Why do people feel the need to speak in such a detrimental way about a company they clearly know so little about?

nojacketsrequired
6th Dec 2002, 21:37
Corp F/A ,I've just sent you a private message.

NJR.

Tiger
6th Dec 2002, 22:26
The STN Leisure crews all went for electrocution mean elocution lessons so they could say "Toilet" not "Toylet"...in their PA`s.

Common! Please! :cool:

UFGBOY
7th Dec 2002, 10:50
Please - Leisure- one of the most unprofessional companies I know of and had the misfortune to work for - look at the people that left after the AMM takeover - they couldn't cope with STANDARDS (STN especially)

Coming in to AMM as 'CDC' and finding fault with 10 year flyers' to justify their position - e.g. ' you must make sure the crew do a manual demo on one sector' - this with all experienced crew in the winter !!

Snotty letters from 'inflight services superintendent' asking why the no. 1 why minerals were uplfted downline? (because we needed them !!)

Ex DAN/NVR No.1's who thought they were the dogs b***s

Need I go on ?

Good riddance to bad rubbish (with a few exceptions; as anywhere)

:rolleyes:

Alberville
8th Dec 2002, 11:40
getoverit -
you clearly know nothing about Astraeus....whats wrong did you apply for a job and were turned down!
And just to let you know I don't know anyone at Astraeus LGW who worked for Leisure.

sweety
8th Dec 2002, 14:53
There is nothing wrong with F/A's from Leisure...! Getoverit - Please Get Over It!, you obviously didn't get to know them too well..poor thing..

Anyway, this thread isn't about Leisure.

It's about Astraeus.

And it is still a cool airline to work for, we actually have fun and enjoy ourselves. Every airline has it's ups and downs, in fact every workplace has - tell me if I'm wrong.

I'm just tired of people trying to s**g something or somebody off just because they have personal issues...

Just leave...

Eggbert Nobacon
8th Dec 2002, 16:13
Hi,

I used to fly for Astraeus. Company was good to start with, but in my opinion, it slowly went down hill.

There was, and i believe still is, far to much favouritism. Management's favourites got the promotions, regardles of experience, and all trips.

Unfortunately, the least favourite were doing all the 14 hour days, hence why so many people left and yes there was a hefty bond to pay back if you left within the first year!

getoverit
9th Dec 2002, 19:56
bless your little 'aint i special 'coz im a hostie' hearts!! All getting so worked up about a few 'comments'! I'll just sit back and watch the sparks fly....... I know, just a thought, but why don't you all just 'GET OVER IT'!

Ciao x

Alberville
11th Dec 2002, 19:56
Getoverit -
Have to tell you that i'm not Cabin Crew but I do agree with what the guys from Astraeus have said. A good bunch of people who work well together.
You seem to have a bit of a grudge with cabin crew.....or is it just Astraeus you have a grudge with.
We all know why Eggbert is bitter but whats your excuse?

mwk
15th Dec 2002, 06:53
thanx again for all your comments. I got the job so i'm very [pleased. One more question. do they allow smoking on turnarounds???

Cupid
15th Dec 2002, 13:29
That has got to be a resounding no, unfortunately

Tiger
15th Dec 2002, 18:09
MK. Probably not one of the best questions to ask at Astraeus at this very minute in time....

tommy67
16th Dec 2002, 14:38
I am working for aeu ,and have been here since the beginning,i have to say it has a nic feel to the airline,freindly crew,good standard of service,and as for being strict yes SEP has to be of a high standard,and we always get good feedback from passengers etc.so maybe getoverit should get a life and the facts right as ukl crew i know of 1 thats all .
tommy67

tommy67
20th Dec 2002, 09:43
getoverit get a life,i am crew with aeu,its a nice gruop of people to work with,and as the ones there made the grade and u didnt ,then maybe you shoud listren to the people in the know,as the saying goes never assume as it only makes an ass out of u and me!:) :)

taba
20th Dec 2002, 18:12
Heard mixed reviews, but they did not even have the decency to acknowledge my application!

Perhaps because I worked for an airline that mr P and mr H also used to work for!?

...and i thought I used to look after mr P extremely well down the sharp end!?