PDA

View Full Version : FI Course (Suggestions Please)

Thoroughly Nice Bloke...
15th Nov 2002, 10:54
I would like to do an Instructors Rating Course, preferably in the South West (UK).

Any suggestions please as to where might be the best place to go...?

Thanks in anticipation :rolleyes:

FormationFlyer
15th Nov 2002, 14:19
Aeros @ Gloucester airport.

http://www.aeros.co.uk

Great quality training.

and no...I dont work there - Ive been a student there on courses over the last 5 years and Ive been through the instructor course with them - very good value for money....cant praise them enough.

If repeat business is anything to go by - I keep going back and back again and in march Ill be back yet again for some pre-ir renewal twin stuff...

Hope this helps,
FF

mlme0891
15th Nov 2002, 16:36
I know you said the south west of england, i done mine at the Leeds Flying School very recently and would definitely recommended it.It took me just under 4 weeks which i thought was quite good considering i started it in mid october.
I got the all important pass, and more important i learnt a hell of a lot from my extremely knowledgable instructor.And before you ask,no i dont work there.

drizzle
15th Nov 2002, 17:22

I have sent you a private email on this, contact me if you do not receive it

cubby
16th Nov 2002, 17:12
Go to JEFTS ( Joint Elementry Flying Training School)
They don't advertise but are JAR complient. You will fly the T67 Firefly. You will be training along side military personnel with civillian instructors most of which are ex RAF. They will de-construct your flying and put you back together again and I promise, you will be an outstanding pilot. You will also get the oppertunity to learn some aero's and if you ask nicely to do formation flying and tail chaseing.The coarse is at RAF Barkston Heath Nr Grantham and costs £5500. All the A/C are in exellent condition. If one goes tech it is fixed immediately.
You can contact them on 01400 230378 and ask for Gary Giles.

My only connection with them is that I did the coarse with them in July/ Aug this year, I was quite a nervous pilot before I went but I finnished with my confidence sky high (pardon the pun) AND it was the best thing in aviation I have ever done. One week after the coarse I got a Job as an Instructor at Southampton, and it also looks good on your C.V.

If you want to know more then email me at:

[[email protected]]

Regards

Colin

DB6
17th Nov 2002, 15:34
I can second the JEFTS recommendation however I'm a bit more biased. You won't get better value for money or fly a better aircraft for the job.

MJR
18th Nov 2002, 09:52
I would second FF's comments on Aeros, Gloucester is also an excellent GA field and extremely accessible.

;) MJR

eagerbeaver
18th Nov 2002, 22:43
old sarum flying club in salisbury, nice place and the guy is ex ETPS, top chap and very very good