PDA

View Full Version : Non Chinese

Shakira
15th Nov 2002, 00:36
Any clue if Dragonair based in HK, hires non chinese flt ops, pesonnel.
Any help will be great.

hughorgen
15th Nov 2002, 03:52
:D
Surely you are not suggesting that there is any racism in Hong Kong ???

Multiculturalism is so good here that we don't bother with laws outlawing the vile practice !!! :p

Shakira
15th Nov 2002, 16:49
Mr. hughorgen,
Well said ! but realy, help me out here. Should I even bother to apply as I do have right to live and work in HK.

Plastique
15th Nov 2002, 17:04

christep
16th Nov 2002, 03:31
Plastique you obviously have an enormous chip on yyour shoulder about someting - I do wish someone would help you dislodge it.

What exactly is wrong with a local contract?

If a CX qualified Chinese pilot or enigineer chooses to go and work for BA in London do you expect that BA would give him free housing, private education for his kids, and so on?

If not, then why on earth should someone in HK with a white skin get a different package from someone who is ethnically Chinese?

For what it's worth, I choose to live and work in HK because of I think it is a great place to be. If you hate the place so much that the only reason you are here is because someone bribes you with an "expat" package then please do us all a favour and ****** off to somewhere more in tune with your racist beliefs.

jtr
16th Nov 2002, 11:12
chrisstep,
I think it would be fair to say that most of us here on expat contracts, would not be here if the allowances were not included. You may be here for the food, but I know I'm not.

Your likeness of the local chap going to BA is not a decent comparison. The skills expats offer are in demand in HK, thus they have to pay a premium. Do you think CX or KA would pay housing allowance to expats if they could employ locals to do the job!

Think about it.

penguin
16th Nov 2002, 13:34
Yawn!

:D

Is it true that there are more Aussie pilots are in HKG than in Oz?

shortly
17th Nov 2002, 07:46
To get back to the Thread. Shakira, I am not sure but will make a few phone calls and let you know.

Shakira
17th Nov 2002, 16:03
At last ! That'll be great.

shortly
18th Nov 2002, 23:30
Shakira. I spoke to a friend in the Dragon who is in the know. He was adamant that there are certainly opportunities for non-chinese to join flt ops on local terms and on expat terms. He quoted several examples of people doing that right now. I suggest you contact them yourself and see what's happening. Should have got a phone number but forgot. Another senior moment, or too much red wine.

Shakira
19th Nov 2002, 01:38
thks a ton ! sent in my resume already.