PDA

View Full Version : Compliments for CX!

Alty Meter
12th Nov 2002, 10:20
Lots of compliments for CX CC on a thread in Jetblast.
Check out here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=72232&referrerid=28147)

Sorry about 'Flower', an ATC lady who thinks Asian CC aren't up to coping with an emergency. :rolleyes:

Plastique
15th Nov 2002, 17:21
Yeah yeah

HotDog
16th Nov 2002, 03:07
Date: 05 NOV 1967
Time: 10.35
Type: Convair CV-880-22M-3
Operator: Cathay Pacific Airways
C/n: 22-00-37
Year built: 1963
Total airframe hrs: 11369 hours
Crew: 0 fatalities / 11 on board
Passengers: 1 fatalities / 116 on board
Total: 1 fatalities / 127 on board
Phase: Take-off
Nature: Scheduled Passenger
Departure airport: Hong Kong-Kai Tak International Airport (HKG)
Destination airport: Saigon
Flightnumber: 033
Remarks:
Shortly before V1, the nosegear thread separated, causing severe vibration. The crew aborted the take-off, but the CV-880 overran the runway and ended up in the sea and broke in three pieces.

The only fatality in this accident was a female pax who suffered a heart attack. The all Asian cabin crew did a sterling job, as did the four cockpit crew, to save and rescue the passengers. Flowers please note.

The wreckage was salvaged from the sea and the Section 41 rebuilt as our first flight simulator.

HD.

VR-HFX
16th Nov 2002, 03:34
HD

Thanks for springing my handle.....the only bit of CX kit to end up in the Fragrant Harbour.

PS:

Flight Deck: Bob, Ron, Ian and Ken (who later perished in the bomb blast over Vietnam)...Can you confirm?

HotDog
16th Nov 2002, 05:04
Confirmed, happened four days after my first anniversary with CX.
I was hooting and roaring at Mama Ginbasha's in Roppongi when I heard the news from the incoming crew.

Cheers, HD.

penguin
16th Nov 2002, 13:52
You need 4 men to fly a CV880?

HotDog
16th Nov 2002, 23:48
No, there was a check captain on the jumpseat.

FaPoGai
18th Nov 2002, 17:32
HotDog
Well done, it needs to be said. Most of those girlswere more capable of responding to emergency situations than the over weight, over paid, International Airline Hostesses of, Air you know who,etc.
BUT you for got to mention the valuable contribution of the crew of the Star Ferry who having witnessed the accident came alongside and took the survivors off the wing of the Convair and took them ashore. They did not even ask for the fare!
Best Rgds, FaPo Gai. ( Those were the Days)