PDA

View Full Version : Wx in West Africa

Petes Dragon
12th Nov 2002, 05:10
Does anybody operating in West Africa have access to accurate wx forecasts for the Robberts FIR (MLW, ROB and FNA), as well as CKY and BJL.

I understand that Sabena flies directly into FNA and ROB, so I would assume that in terms of the JAA regs, they should also have access to at least the basics wrt wx.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gunship
12th Nov 2002, 06:47
Rain, rain and then sometimes thunder and lightening between the rain ... og ok PD, Sabena (SN Brussels) and Sierra National Airlines (operated by Monarch) flies here every Monday and Friday.

I can get it for you, but it is a pain in the a** as the guy gives it over the phone ... why not mail me just before you go?

Jetdriver (Monarch) can you assist maybe ?

Seriously at this stage (which is VERY strange) we still have LOTS of rain at FNA and the same with CKY, ROB and BJL. The WX forecast looks the same every day anyway. Luckily due to the rain the harmattan has stayed away ,,, so good for fishing, diving and the girls on the beach.

** Vonkpos my as ek jou moet verder help - ek doen dit met plesier. **

lizzard
16th Nov 2002, 08:18
Hey Pete's D

While sitting at the Rat and Roach in Lagos for the usual 3 hours there was a 'discussion' some call it a quiet argument between the big bos of lagos...emphasis on the big. and J (names excluded to protect the innocent) on whether or not that extra 70 kg's are going on or not.
J (pilot) point, no, we have to take extra fuel since they can't use Roberts as alternate because no wheather forcast.
So beeeg boss said he would make sure that the problem is seen to.
I reckon you'll have access to the information pretty soon. Its amazing what they will do for a few extra kilo's.:p