PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Recruiting Cabin Crew?

excess baggage
11th Nov 2002, 04:07
Hi everyone.
Just wondering if anyone knows whos recruiting cabin crew in uk or europe?
Am looking to return back home. Am also interseted in VIP flights too.
PLEASE HELP.
Have checked Aviationjobsearch.

Slaaag
11th Nov 2002, 05:18
:) I know easyJet are recruiting at the moment, for all bases throughout the UK. Look at www.easyjet.com for information on who to contact and the entry requirements.

Happy hunting.

Slaaag

OPEN CLB
11th Nov 2002, 08:31
Depending on your language skills, a lot of airlines in the EU are recruiting. My own company Austrian, Lufthansa and Swiss are all looking for new crew members, with Lufthansa being the best bet, as they need about ~1500 !! new cabin crew during the next year.
Not sure about the numbers in other parts of Europe though....

dejvu
13th Nov 2002, 09:56
hey :)

so LH is recruiting again?????? have u heard about their regional flight attendants recruitment?

i flied all the way from HKG to FRA to attend the interview in June this year - they didnt pay me back of course but i got into the final interview at once...after i sent my resume to the HR manager of LH in FRA

but i didnt get the job , apparently they only hire people from the mainland china but not from hongkong- what is the difference????? i have heard about the low paid chinese crews in China but hey they get a chance to live in FRA, i would like to live there

anyway i really wanna try LH again as they always look for chinese speaking crews......

just the Crew interviewer from China , she used to work for DragonAir in HongKong but she was fired after the probation ( well i know all these confidential information coz i know the assist. manager of DragonAir in person, he used to work for me at the airport authority )
and that she has a THING about hong kong people...

hopefully i wont be seeing her again next time :)

but would like to know more LH crew here! any ?

Floaty
13th Nov 2002, 20:54
I sent my resume to 15 companies across Europe end September and these are the ones that came back to me so far:

- GB airways
- BMI
- JMC (for Summer 2003 only)
- Easyjet (Geneva based)
- Britannia (for Summer 2003 only)
- Swiss

I also know VOLARE are quite desperate for c.c. at the moment.

The ones that did NOT give me an answer are:

- AirEurope
- AirLiberte'
- AirFrance
- KLM UK
- Air 2000

To find websites and addresses and apply, I used a site called www.airways.ch and selected "airlines" on the left menu, then "Europe" and got a loooooong list of all European carriers.

Hope it helps! ;)

Mrs. FloatJockey

Cayman
13th Nov 2002, 22:44
Flybe. have an advert for full time c/c in local LGW paper for LGW based crew. Usual things 18 + and 2 years of dealing with public

CV Letter and photo to

Susan Turner
flybe
Exeter Int Airport
Exeter
Devon EX5 2BD

Or though website

13th Nov 2002, 23:56
You can also try HERE (http://www.fliteonline.com) ! There are a few Cabin Crew jobs advertised.

Bagelman
14th Nov 2002, 00:31
Think easyjet would bite ya hand off to employ you if you go to LGW.

Gareth22scotland
14th Nov 2002, 15:07
Hiya......

I have been through this never ending process.... looking for recruting airlines!!!!
The following are currently recruiting

Easyjet (All bases)
Lufthansa (FRA & MUC)
CitiExpress (GLA & EDI)
Flybe (LGW)
Virgin Atlantic (MAN/LGW/LHR)
Ryanair (STN/DUB)
BMIBaby (CWL/EMA)

Main charter airlines such as JMC/MY Travel/Air2000/Monarch etc generally recruit with operational requirements. As it's the start of the winter season now, they dont tend to recruit as much, but fire your CV in to be considered for next season. Summer seasons atart around March time depending on the airline, and generally run for around six months.
It's also an Idea to keep your eye on the Buzz website (WWW.BUZZ-AWAY.CO.UK) as they are expanding into scotland from the looks of things! They're hopin to have Gasgow Prestwick as a new base. Also BMIBaby are due to open a brand new base early next year, but the location of it is still a big secret.

All the luck in the world to you!!

Gareth x x

starbag
15th Nov 2002, 15:12
Astraeus are recruiting from Monday for courses starting in Jan, Feb and March for LGW crew (looking for about 50 I think). Applications must be made on line atwww.flyastraeus.com (http://www.flyastraeus.com)

Not sure if positions are permanent or temporary, and there may be places for the MAN base, but could be wrong

Bagelman
15th Nov 2002, 17:46
Garath22scotland,

Do ya know if BMIBaby will be recruiting any low hour flight deck for that base?

Silkman
16th Nov 2002, 13:23
JET 2 are recruiting at the moment for their Leeds base.
4 737-300's starting in Feb 03.
www.jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com)

excess baggage
19th Nov 2002, 10:05
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I have applied to JMC (new thomas cook)
GB airways, Flybe.
Am still waiting a response.
The web sites you sent were great , thanks very much. I am still looking so please keep your ears open.
:D