PDA

View Full Version : Airports pricing GA off the field

Toebrake
10th Nov 2002, 12:12
I've just heard of an alleged attempt by Newcastle Airport to Charge £25:00 per movement to Newcastle Aeroclub instead of a block fee for home based aircraft.

Is this correct? What will this mean?

Has anyone fought this with success?

After a change of management this appears to be a backdoor way of getting rid of Private flying and killing he club.

Why would they feel the need to do this?

Can anyone comment on past experience?

Would anyone from Newcastle like to comment and maybe put the record straight?
:confused:

IRISHWINGS
12th Nov 2002, 21:44
Think AOPA needs to raise a fist in these parts, Took a student to shannon at the weekend, 16 euros for a training flight, the Met brief which is a 1570 number costs 1.70 a min. No night VFR outside controled Airspace, The M.O.A takes up half of Ireland It's not on. Compare all this to the U.S.A. One wonders what A.O.P.A actually do over here.

t'aint natural
17th Nov 2002, 18:20
AOPA has already intervened to block Newcastle's bizarre attempt to have every GA flight cleared under an anti-terrorism by-law, which was nothing more than an underhand attempt to drive GA away. AOPA was able to get a friend in a high place to have a word with the management.
Unfortunately you can't compare AOPA UK with AOPA US because one has 300,000 members and one has 4000, and clout comes from membership.

674asl
20th Nov 2002, 16:18
unfortunatley the same thing seems to be happending at Leeds Bradford, with the airport and Multiflight trying to push all other GA off the field through huge landing and handling fees as they prepare for the major south side refurbishment which will only make matters worse.

KitKatPacificuk
21st Nov 2002, 12:09
I used to teach my students ILS's and SRA into Luton. Cost of about £10 per approach! Pretty good so alot of us went there. They soon put a stop to it by putting the price upto £93!!!