PDA

View Full Version : Are Cabin Crew Assessment days getting more difficult.

Southend Geeza
9th Nov 2002, 11:10
Hi fellow ppruners.

Is it me, or are Cabin Crew assessment days getting even more difficult now?

I have been Cabin Crew for 3 years now and have finished with my previous company as i have relocated. Thinking because i have experience it would be in my favour, but it seem's to go against me.

It now seem's to be the case, you have to do a maths test first and if you dont get 100% you dont get through to the next stage. I think this is very unfair because airlines dont get to know you and your personality.

Are airlines now looking for people with a maths degree instead of people with loads of experience in customer service!

:( :(

london-flyer
9th Nov 2002, 16:59
Was it by any chance a Britannia assesment you went to!!!!! Because if so I can understand what you mean, although I was fortunate enough to pass it and get the job. However I did wonder about some of the other fantastic people their, some that had travelled from miles around, who were just sent away because they were not great at maths. And lets be honest, most airline use computers on board any way, and even if they break, I know I carry a calculator.

Do you think it could just be an excause to lower the numbers down a bit, because they can?

Floaty
10th Nov 2002, 22:36
It it true, they have so many people applying that they can afford selecting applicants with a maths test.
On the other hand, I think a maths test is only another way to test your ability to remain focused on a task under pressure and as a candidate (coming up interview on Nov. 17th) I do not see this as a bad or unfair way to cut the number off. They even put an example of the test on their website!!
I would rather complain about the fact that in the past, serious companies used to send a ticket to applicants invited for an interview... now it's all on you and sometime quite out of range, considering the small salaries currently offered for new entrants in this industry!!!...

Mrs. FloatJockey

Southend Geeza
11th Nov 2002, 10:21
I was actually refering to airlines in general. I know Britannia do that, but so do My Travel now and i think other airlines are gonna follow suit.

I do think it's unfair because like i said, some are better at math's then others. I have been doing manual bar's now for 3 years and you just use your calculator.

FCNK
12th Nov 2002, 09:16
when i applied to airtours four years ago the maths test was difficult (i passed and got the job but have since left) not only were the questions hard but also had to be completed in a short space of time. if for example i was numerically dyslexic would i be discriminated from a flying job? i have a freind who is interested in flying but has slight numerical dyslexia. the only relevance mathematics had to the job was actually handling money, it was a company requirement that a calculator was carried as part of your bar kit should the on board computer fail.