PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Get Crew Tags?

Departures Beckham
6th Nov 2002, 22:45
As most airlines provide their own branded crew tags I'm finding it a little hard to find them for-sale online.

Any suggestions as to where I can get a simple CREW luggage tag?

G.Khan
7th Nov 2002, 02:36
Do you or any of your friends go to either Singapore or Bangkok?

Any shop selling luggage and some stalls selling bits of everything will do them for you while you wait. They have just about all the airline logos available too.

Departures Beckham
7th Nov 2002, 08:57
G.Khan: Unfortunately not that far. Only European destinations.

CandyBender
7th Nov 2002, 09:18
Try www.tags4crew.com
Run by 2 BA crew

BYlady
7th Nov 2002, 09:41
Or www.crewtags.com

..........would you like something from the trolley, Sir ?

Departures Beckham
7th Nov 2002, 12:27
Thanks guys for your replies, I'm going to place my order with crewtags.com and I'll let you know what they turn out like.

luoto
8th Nov 2002, 14:29
I must ask, why crew tags? Surely the airline provides these for its crew/staff..

Or have cutbacks got that bad now..

Departures Beckham
8th Nov 2002, 17:45
LUOTO: They are to be used by operations staff who are not routinely issued with them. The staff in question travel a few times a year with the crew (including stop-over).

redsnail
10th Nov 2002, 13:56
I am pretty sure that places like "Transair" sell goodies like that. They are online and also have retail shops. (UK)

luoto
12th Nov 2002, 11:59
I'm sorry. I really don't understand. If someone is travelling for their (airline) employer who doesn't normally travel, why do they need 'crew' tags as presumably they are not flight crew? And if they are crew for the day, i.e. training instructor, why doesnt the airline have the tags?

I've read in another forum (SLF wise) that some people think they'll magically get an u/g or more by having these tags. A bit like those with their Plat tags from several carriers I guess. I can appreciate that this is not the case /for/ aviation professionals as they can always ask their colleagues to do some keyboarding... but so why the need?

Departures Beckham
12th Nov 2002, 16:21
Luoto: Basically these airline employees travel with the flight crew throughout the journey (including stopovers). Flight crew take their baggage into the cabin for the flight, but the ops team (for whom I am getting the tags) have their bags placed in the holds due to space restrictions in the cabin.

When the aircraft arrives at the destination, the bags in the hold are given to the ops crew (and not sent to baggage reclaim) and are then taken on the crew bus to the hotel. The airline does not provide tags to the ops team as they travel infrequently.

Tags have now arrived. Same size and quality as a BAA pass - they'll do the job well.

bootiecutie
4th Apr 2003, 04:44
Hi where do you get your crewtags from?? couldnt see your airline listed on http://www.crewtags.com
that is if you are from the airline I think you are.

cabinboy
4th Apr 2003, 10:38
for those that fly to SIN there is a great little shop on ground floor of " Lucky Plaza " on orchard road who do crew tags, of every airline in the world ! I saw even tags of tiny little oz general aviation airlines who never even lasted long on their board so they are pretty good. I got a few qantas ones made and they are fantastic !

gladrags
4th Apr 2003, 20:25
Another good place for getting great metal crew tags made is Delhi and Mumbai.

There always used to be a couple of guys there, who used to intercept arriving crews with a book of sample tags, you chose the one you like and it would be made with your company logo on it and delivered to your hotel before your return flight.

I bought some tags from him over 10yrs ago-and there still going strong!!

Anyone know if they still do those tags in India??

flyblue
4th Apr 2003, 23:55
Yes they do gladrags, and the procedure is the same! I Made lots of friends (that fly in companies that do not provide their own crew tags) happy, and for 3-4 Euros. Delhi are better than Bombay usually.

Departures Beckham
5th Apr 2003, 01:09
Bootie: The down side of crewtags.com is that they are not airline specific and therefore no logo was used. They did however provide four lines of text which allowed for the airline name and other names to be printed on the tag.

Boeinguy
7th Apr 2003, 09:04
In a way, they are airline specific. They have 33 different airlines, with different airplane photos for each. I've bought from them a couple of times.