PDA

View Full Version : Not in the SCMP...

Slapshot
5th Nov 2002, 19:03
I understand that the South China Morning Post has decided not to print an ad from the OneWorld alliance Pilot's association...

Can't upset one's masters can one....

http://bbs.hkalpa.org/public/Information/press/2002%20Press/OCCC%20Advert.pdf

penguin
6th Nov 2002, 12:41
Naturally, democracy at its best!

Btw, why wasn't there any mention of the ex-Swissair crew? Were they not treated improperly also? I guess the boys and girls at Speedbird and Japan Air are the only happy ones.

Alpha Leader
8th Nov 2002, 04:48
Mmmmm.... interesting to see that the Oneworld Cockpit Crew Coalition claims to represent JAL and "Swiss" pilots, although neither airline is a member of Oneworld.

Just an other number
9th Nov 2002, 12:08
slapshot

Please can you point us to some newspapers who have published the ad?

Cpt. Underpants
9th Nov 2002, 23:31
USA Today (saw it)
Japanese Papers - 2 - (Can't speak Japanese, but saw it)
WSJ, I believe

shortly
10th Nov 2002, 01:16
Wow that sort of coverage in spin mags is surely going to have the CX managers quaking. Bet they didn't get any sleep through worry this weekend lol.

Cpt. Underpants
10th Nov 2002, 03:37
At pains to post on weekends and after-hours since your cover was blown, eh?

jtr
10th Nov 2002, 05:24
Shortly 250+ posts since May! Seems you just suddenly decided you have a lot to share with us?

mole
10th Nov 2002, 06:46
Shortly posts on average three times every two days. Must have really nice rosters or maybe he works in an office down under. What do you all think?

raitfaiter
10th Nov 2002, 09:04
The SCMP also seems somewhat remiss in not reporting the interesting revelations about what can only be called a lax interpretation of the National Insurance laws revealed during the court hearing in South Croydon.........:o

shortly
10th Nov 2002, 15:06
My roster is generally ok ty for your concern. Never did like working in an orifice and down under tax man disincentived me years and years ago. So if my cover is blown don't tell anyone ok, especially not the Riddler or Penguin - hate fish breath but love anchovies.

penguin
10th Nov 2002, 23:40
:p Shortly is obviously a carnivore since he doesn't like fish or the smell of it. Sit! Good dog.

shortly
11th Nov 2002, 05:19
Actually I am omniverous, don't mind a bit of meat but stay away from carrion lol.

mole
12th Nov 2002, 12:25
Shortly,

lol? I'm not sure what this means but I suspect it may be what I do whenever I read one of your posts.

Just an other number
13th Nov 2002, 12:26
Back to raitfater's post on 10 Nov -

"The SCMP also seems somewhat remiss in not reporting the interesting revelations about what can only be called a lax interpretation of the National Insurance laws revealed during the court hearing in South Croydon........."

Please enlighten us.

Plastique
15th Nov 2002, 17:10
Hong Kong, democracy, who said democracy?:confused: :rolleyes: :p

penguin
16th Nov 2002, 13:58
SCMP can decide what they want to print. They don't publish it when they don't see fit with their corporate strategy. Isn't that democracy? Now, if he was forced by the AOA to print under duress, what do you call that? :p