PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest way to Florida?

Terra_Firma
27th Feb 2002, 22:20
I have finally taken the plunge and decided to complete the remainder of my PPL in Florida this summer.

Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to get a flight over there. I would be interested to know how others have done it.

Cheers.

spitfire747
27th Feb 2002, 23:36
I went to Florida three times in the past few years, each way a different route.

Firstly check out bargain flight websites - they may help (so not to advertise email me for a list)

Go to various airline sites and see what is on offer on your chosen dates

or the cheapest way i found was by a teletext bargain fly drive - cramped flight for 8 hours but you get a car for 3 weeks and your accomodation is usually got through the school

Enjoy

DontSink
28th Feb 2002, 06:09
I flew via Madrid with Iberia for only €350

captainkilner
28th Feb 2002, 18:57
Tera_firma

I guess it's a case of whether you want a cheap flight , cramped seat and a journey that take's twice as long as a direct flight.

I've been twice and went with Virgin both times from Manchester for about £500 which was probably upto £100 more expensive than other flights but without the hassel of changing and sitting in another U.S airport for upto 4 hrs at a time.

It's not too bad going but coming back is a killer, it's just not worth all the hassel for an extra £100, loads of leg room (747), good looking stewardess's , free booze ( got picked up the other end !!)

Next time though i'm going for the fly drive option ,About £600 for flight with Virgin and 2 weeks car hire.

Good luck and have a great time !!