PDA

View Full Version : About EK interview in HKG - new!

dejvu
5th Nov 2002, 11:22
hey everyone,

i have just spent 2 hours searching the whole forums regarding the recruitment about EK.

actually they have sent me an invitation letter for the first interview on 16 th Nov

the interview will be held in the hotel in HKG...
i m kinda nervous as i have never tried any airlines before

also i reckon some guys talking about the body language during the interview..what does that mean?????????
is it like i should put my hands on my legs and smile always even i m talking and not talking????? ( ok that ;s really tired!! )

oh i m a guy ! about 175 cm tall..but 130lbs..is it OK? it is about 60 kg.........
will they do the weight and height check during the first interview?

i m thinking to wear a black suit, blue striped tie...and have my hair gel-ed! is it good???

pls everyone i would like to be ur colleage in the future, so kind responses would be great :)

stellar
5th Nov 2002, 22:53
Dejvu,
Go for the suit and tie - great look but I 'd forget the "gel-ed" look if I were you as it's not quite "acceptable grooming standard". Try whatever means to relax and don't go working yourself into a nervous state at this stage. As for the height/weight ratio I hope your nerves aren't responsible! Very best of luck and hope you'll be with the ME's finest soon:)

blue cheese
11th Nov 2002, 06:42
Hi Dejvu,

I just had my interview last thursday, Nov 7 in Kuala Lumpur. I guess you will be having the same interviewer as me as they told me that their next destination is HK. They are pretty nice people so dont worry so much.

The best advise is be cooperative with everyone and smile a lot. Yes, it's very tiring. :D

I dont know much about this body language business, but like what stellar said, just be relax. Dont slouch and try to look interested in everything they said or being discuss. Remember to give some input and PLEASE dont talk too much. No joke here. Those girls who talked too much didnt make it thru the first stage. A lot of group discussion.

I read from previous candidates, they said they did some psychomatix test. I didnt do that but I had a very simple english test. Dont worry about the weight/height. I am not sure how much the guys' weight/height but you should do fine.

Forget about the gel... but keep it tidy. small amount of gel should be alright.

Let me know how the interv went. I got eliminated after 4th discussion. What a luck! :(

Good luck :cool:

dejvu
13th Nov 2002, 09:50
hey Blue Cheese,

thank you so much for ur information
they really help me a lot

i wonder if they ever hires male chinese crews???????? as i havent seen much at the hk airport......

also smiling a lot...i have heard about being polite is great tip - like saying thank you to everyone or even some strangers in the hotel room ( they might be the staff, they said )

do u know how long will the interview last ??? they said in the letter it would take a larger part of the day , will they offer lunch break??????????

can u tell me the procedures about the first interview??? video - group..etc...

what kind of topics did they discuss during ur interview?????? how many groups were there????? any males????

should i bring with my compliment letters with me????????

i know that it is quite important to ask questions about the video brainwashing session......did u ask anything? :))))

hope u will read this before i go to the interview

many thanxxxxxxxx cheers!

blue cheese
15th Nov 2002, 01:20
Devju,

i sent you a private messgahe

dejvu
15th Nov 2002, 03:16
thank you!!!!

lunchbar
15th Nov 2002, 07:49
WhicH Hotel in Hong kong?

Thanks

dejvu
15th Nov 2002, 08:09
well they only invite people with invitation letters to go ..............

Floaty
15th Nov 2002, 15:31
Dejvu! ...this does not mean you can't help a friend! What do you think we are all doing here?

Lunchbar, try giving a call to the Hilton and ask them if Emirates are having their selection there (say you lost your invite and you don't remember which hotel it was and you don't fell to call Dubai...). I know in Australia they chose Hilton, might be the case in HK as well... DON'T BE SHY TO TURN UP WITHOUT AN INVITATION! In Sydney, we were 3 girls not invited (out of 30) and one of us made it!

Good luck!

Mrs. FloatJockey