PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Hire in Czech Republic

GPS Approach
5th Nov 2002, 11:14
Hi Guys,

Does anybody know of any FTO's near Prague where I can get a check out and hire a plane for a few hours?

Cheers

Rob.

GPS Approach
11th Nov 2002, 13:09
anyone?

pistongone
11th Nov 2002, 17:41
i was in Prague last september and had the good fortune to meet a captain from CSE the national carrier.I think the airfield just to the north of town,on the yellow tube route and a short walk up a hill,is called Let Nanny,and the millitary field in close proximity is called Kbelly.You can get a zlin 142 for around £70/hour. But why not go a bit further afield,my brother lives in Bratislava and there you can hire from as little as £25/hour or even have an hour in an AN2!!! for about £120!!! worth the trip i must say! Good luck.

GPS Approach
11th Nov 2002, 17:50
Cheers Pistongone,

would be interested in some more details on Bratislava if you have them, i.e. contact numbers etc.

Thanks again,

Rob.

pistongone
11th Nov 2002, 18:08
I will look them up for you. The guy who took me for my check out was the club aero instructor and it turned out he fly's the an2 to white waltham and back for winter hangarage and he is a really nice bloke.The club is very friendly and the beer is ultra cheap.They have this single seat zlin,not sure of the number,it has an automatic prop control and goes like stink.He calls it a mini spitfire and it is a dream to fly.If you look on a chart the airfield is JUST 1.5km north of Bratislava Int and you sometimes have to hold as Lauda air and Austrian airlines go to the big one to do circuits!!! Real fun as i said and there are 17 airfields to visit in Slovakia and the Tatra mountains also make a lovely back drop and cheap skiing too!! And no i dont work for the slovak tourist board!!!