PDA

View Full Version : Joined the Ranks of the Fortunate Few

ChiSau
5th Nov 2002, 06:35
Clearly miracles do still happen in this modern age - passed my skills test yesterday and joined the ranks of the fortunate few!

:D :D :D :D

Thanks for all the advice in the run up fellow posters - don't think the stupid questions will now cease!

All I've got to do now is win the lottery, give up the job, move out of London to be near an aerodrome, buy a plane..........sheesh...I better start doing the lottery! ;)

knobbygb
5th Nov 2002, 08:11
Well done. Congratulations. :cool:

Hopefully got mine in the next few weeks, weather permitting. You've made me even more nervous now as I was kind of hoping I might not be able to do it until, say, next May ;)

So tell us more about what you had to do etc. Was it easier/harder than you expected - more/less stressful.

Aussie Andy
5th Nov 2002, 08:19
Congratulations ChiSau - I won't be the first to say it, but you have earned a "license to learn": use it carefully, continue to build your skills, and fill your cup of experience before you empty your cup of luck!

My advice: find a "flying buddy" - a mate at similiar early PPL stage and similar goals - and do some trips together, helping each other learn with safety!

seat_of_my_pants
5th Nov 2002, 08:41
Congratulations.

May I suggest you go and drink alcohol in vast quantities

Aussie Andy - good advice

SOMP

Flyin'Dutch'
5th Nov 2002, 12:09
Great!

Have fun. Hope you will have some decent Wx in the next few weeks to consolidate.

(And we could have some as well then!)

:cool:

FD

FlyingForFun
5th Nov 2002, 12:26
Congrats, ChiSau!

Keep the questions coming. No such thing as a stupid question. Lots of questions you can find the answer to yourself in 5 minutes, but for those you can't, it's always worth asking. I've often learnt things from questions other people have asked.

Anyway, you've now got the challenge of "real" flying. Especially making weather decisions, at this time of year. Stay cautious over the winter, and have fun!

FFF
---------------

LowNSlow
5th Nov 2002, 13:48
Well done ChiSau, now's the time to join the PFA and find out about affordable flying :D

Select Zone Five
5th Nov 2002, 14:06
Congrats ChiSau, pretty cool huh? Happy flying! :D

What a Loop
5th Nov 2002, 14:33
Well Done ChiSau

Now the real fun and learning starts. Lots of good advice in previous posts.

Must be cause for a few beers...........or more:D :D :D

Grim Reaper 14
5th Nov 2002, 14:48
TWF!!! :D :D :D

May I answer some of your questions for you? I'll provide the answers, I'm sure we all know what the questions are....

- Yes. Always make a copy of your logbook before you send it to anyone;
- About three weeks, although some take longer;
- Turd brown;
- Yes, we're all having trouble with the new system, it's crap;
- Cure? No. Just start drinking again and it'll wear off ;) .

FlyingForFun
5th Nov 2002, 15:15
All good answers, Grim. Except the last one. I'm confused by that. Can't for the life of me figure out what the question could be. ;)

Now, where did I put my car keys! :D

FFF
--------------

charlie-india-mike
5th Nov 2002, 21:03
Well Done.

Should be doing mine in the next few weeks.

Do tell, was it harder than expected?

ChiSau
6th Nov 2002, 07:03
Thank you for all the congratulations!

I won't bore you all with the details - suffice to say I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, learnt some new stuff as I did it (never flown into the sun before), saw some new places and was absolutely knackered at the end of it!!!!

:)

G SXTY
8th Nov 2002, 09:37
Well done ChiSau!

Please do bore us with the details – I’ve got mine as soon as we get some decent wx (next summer then:(), and I’m after all the advice I can get!

Enjoy that licence. :) :)

Dufwer
8th Nov 2002, 10:14
Congratulations!

I'll put my hand up as another almost-pilot who wouldn't mind being bored by the details. All I need is antoher 2 hrs with the instructor and then the test. What chance of getting these two flights in close enough that I won't need another refresher in-between? ;)

Roll on summer.......