PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Recruitment

Anna Spanna
24th Oct 2002, 01:20
I have recently recieved an invitation to attend an Assessment Centre in Brisbane for Virgin Blue cabin crew.
Is there anyone who may be able to give me some further details? Have any of you attended one of these before? What should I expect and how does the interview process continue after the Assessment Centre?

Any information that some of you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Anna

FREP
26th Oct 2002, 08:23
Anna Spanna, the Virgin interview would have to be one of the most unprofessional interviews I have ever attended. If you like to sing and dance and make an utter fool out of yourself go for it. I walked out upon being told what needed to be done. They show you a vid first about the rediculous company and then devide you into groups to either sell a product which you have 5 min to do or you have to make up a song and sing it to everyone. MMM! thats how they choose thier cabin crew, very professional wouldnt you say? I cant say anything positive about Virgin, sorry. Good luck anyway.:mad:

Big Hairy Potatoes
26th Oct 2002, 10:39
Anna Spanna don't listen to Frep, she's obviously bitter and twisted because she/he didn't get a call back.
Yes they make you do some strange things,but it's more to make sure that you've got a personality and are not going to walk around with your mouth twisted up like a tight cat's arse.
I would recommend going in with a great positive attitude and an open mind.You don't have to sing and dance on board, just have a personality.
Sorry this message sounds a bit jaded, but I've had a gutfull of people bagging other companies in their own profession.

smile
27th Oct 2002, 02:27
HI Anna,

I just started working for Virgin Blue about four months ago and really really enjoy my job.

Yes it is true that you can be asked to make up a jingle or put on a little skit-- but I assure you that this isn't to see how silly you can be. The recruitment team are looking to see how you work and interact with the others in your group.

I have sent you an email, so feel free to ask me any other questions you may have!!

love SMILE

FREP
27th Oct 2002, 13:17
Big Hairy Potatoe, I walked out of the interview thankyou and wasnt interested in humiliating myself by singing and dancing, this is obviously what you are good at and got the job. Bitter and twisted? I dont think so, Im flying so why would I be bitter?
Have a listen to your customers remarks.

Anna Spanna
27th Oct 2002, 23:27
Thanks so much to Big Hairy Potatoes and Smile.
As for Frep? I was asking for help, not negative energy, however I do appreicate your comments. I'm sorry that you feel so negative about VB, your wasting your energy that could be far better off put to some positive cause.:(

I will take up the offer of emailing you Smile, I really appreciate it.

Thanks again.:)
Anna

skypryncess
28th Oct 2002, 09:00
rather than take these things out of context or get uptight just have a look at what is said. Frep was expressing an opinion, she is entitled to do so. Virgin is not for everyone and obviously not for frep. Others may think the same of other airlines. Rather than bag each other and post spiteful comments which we have all haerd before ( ie your bitter because you din't get a call back blah blah). Let's just respect each other and our right to have an opinion. Virgin recruitment is very different than the very clinical and formal recruitment that many of us are used to, judge it as you will.