PDA

View Full Version : Hersham Boy... CAPTAIN Hersham Boy...

Hersham Boy
19th Oct 2002, 16:18
Aloha - the artist formerly known as Hersham Boy would now like to be addressed by his full title:

Hersham Boy Ba(hons) DipM PPL(A)

Hooooooooraaaaaay - what a buzz. Been awake since 5.30am today trying to remain calm about the prospect of the GFT. Arrival at the field saw localised fog that could have stopped the whole thing there and then... but then the sun burnt through and it was the most glorious day for flying I can remember!

I'm so stoked I couldn't resist a self-indulgent post. That's all I can manage as cold beers are awaiting.

Blue skies all :D

Hersh

PS. I wish someone had told me that Lamberhurst looks enough like a green edge of a normal field (as opposed to a runway) that I might overfly it on my diversion staring straight at it and failing to identify it for fear of pointing out the wrong thing! :)

sennadog
19th Oct 2002, 16:32
Well done matey! Lamberhurst - I've lost count of the times that I've lost that place - I can never see it properly.

Nice day for it too.

Get pissed and enjoy it.

:D

Coke611
19th Oct 2002, 16:40
Well done hersham!

So how long did the GFT take then?

AerBabe
19th Oct 2002, 16:50
*coughs meaningfully* No need to mention it Hersh...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, well done. Didn't I say you'd be fine? ;) How did the bird take the news? BTW, you still have my books!!! And you owe me a pitcher of something alcoholic :) :D

Hersham Boy
19th Oct 2002, 17:16
OK, OK - I'm still here... because it's just taken me so long to write you an email about it, AB! Thanks for your advice prior to the big event :)

senna - cheers, mate... were you up today? After my power checks I taxied out past a Katana with solo chap doing his... it could have been you (as the ad nearky says)...

coke - not sure how you mean, but variously... 2 hrs 15mins, around 60hrs and around 20 months depending on how you meant! I don't claim to be the fastest learner ;)

AB - i'll now fly the books back to you! :D The Bird was at least as pleased as I am, I think!

Hersh

brockenspectre
19th Oct 2002, 18:41
really well done! it is such a great feeling - "you [really do] have control" LOL!!

^5

:D

The Nr Fairy
19th Oct 2002, 20:46
So, Hersh, when are you going to try proper aviating machines now you're legal on the boring ones ?

Well done - always an achievement.

seat_of_my_pants
20th Oct 2002, 11:47
Nice one geezer!!!

SOMP