PDA

View Full Version : License conversion

erjdriver
15th Oct 2002, 21:32
Again, sorry for not using my very poor knowledge of the Spanish language.
I was looking into the conversion process of a non-Jaa ATPL license into a jaa cpl/ir or atpl in Spain.
The process in the UK is extremely expensive (especially the CAA fees). How does it compare in Spain?

Thanks for the help mates.

ramon76
16th Oct 2002, 10:10
IT HAS TO BE CHEAPER!!!!

v I did my conversion in the UK and now I am almost bankrupt!!!

well, just ask in some of the schools, like AEROMADRID; AIRMED...SENASA; I can´t tell you, but I have heard it is in fact cheaper and much much more easier..... so go ahead and keep asking. Besides, the living is cheaper and more fun, I tell you!!!

erjdriver
16th Oct 2002, 15:50
Thank you Ramon.

The fees that the UK CAA is charging are absurd. 700 pounds for the ATPL exam, 520 for a flight check, 400 for a medical exam....it's crazy.
Besides, I much rather spend some time in Madrid which I adore (Spain has the best looking women in the world). Let's not forget the Sangria e Calimocho (don't know how to spell it).

Cheers mates.

mundaka
18th Oct 2002, 14:05
Hello ERJ145,

I am in your same shoes. I want to get a JAA licence, and it seems that doing it through spain has it's financial advantages.

The problem is that you need to attend ground school, unfortunately they are not as ahead of the game as the British are, when it comes to distance learning.
The groundschooling varies from school to school from a duration of 6 to 8 months.

Most of them teach only in spanish. I think there are two that are teaching in english, as far as I know ( adventia in Salamanca and Airmed in valencia). After you are done with the exams (14 of them, you will have to fly 5 hours to obtain your commercial licence in a single engine aircraft and another 5 in a multi engine for the IFR. Done that, you will be able to apply for the commercial IFR licence. All this I just told you, assumes you are the holder of an ICAO ATPL licence.

Costs are:

From 3000 to 4000 euros for the 6-8 months of ground school
Another 4000 euros for the flying part.

Hope this helps and good luck

Julio:) ;)

Dick Whittingham
18th Oct 2002, 16:41
Hola mundaka

Do you have the e-mail address for Adventia in Salamanca?

Gracias

Dick Whittingham

sudden Winds
20th Oct 2002, 16:55
Quote:
(Spain has the best looking women in the world)

Evidently you haven´t been to Argentina yet.

Joaquín
10th Nov 2002, 09:53
Dear Brocks,

Unfortunatly, Spain hasn't implemented the JASS's question bank for the ATPL exams. Weird as it is, that's a fact. But in any case, I recommend Bristol notes as they are the best I've seen around.

Cordiales saludos

minimumclean
10th Nov 2002, 15:59
(Spain has the best looking women in the world) Evidently you haven´t been to Argentina yet.

Ever been to Basque country? :p

despegue
13th Nov 2002, 13:50
Joaquin,
I am afraid that you are not completely correct.
The Spanish JAA exams questions DO come nowadays from the JASS bank...
Brock, I can recommend Airmed, as I did my training there. 90% of the international guys that have graduated this February now fly jets...(in the Lufthansa and Austrian groups)
Why don't you visit the school one day, Valencia is a very nice city...:cool:

miss magenta
13th Nov 2002, 16:33
Dick;

Adventia e-mail is [email protected], phone is (34) 923329019. Their website is also adventia.org.
Regards.

Chris2
14th Nov 2002, 21:02
Also in the process of converting my foreign (South African) license to JAA.
Having done my ATPL theory in the UK can I do the flying training in Spain?
Thanks
C2

erjdriver
19th Nov 2002, 21:29
I'm sorry to bring this topic back to the top, but here's another question. The jaa says that I may not need any training prior to sitting the ATPL exams and flight check (already hold an ATP and will be type rated in March). Is it the same in Spain?
Also, how much does the Spanish CAA charges for the exams?
And finally, I have 3 weeks vacation during which I am planning to fly into Madrid, then go to Barcelona, see the Alahambra, hop to Morocco, and back to Barcelona. Does it sound good, or should I include/exclude other places? (ex. Ibiza?). Should I rent a car or is it as easy going around by train?
This is my first time in Spain.

Thank you.

jlms
22nd Nov 2002, 09:47
Erjdriver.

Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to answer your first two questions and hopefully the active pilots and students will be able to provide you some useful guidance.

However, concerning your 3 week holiday wouldn't it be better to re-order the visits? I would suggest flying into Barcelona, hiring a car there (try EasyRentACar quotes) and then driving to Madrid, then into Andalucia, then into Morocco and then back up to Barcelona, for example following the Mediterrean coast (Malaga, Marbella, Alicante, Valencia, Tarragona...) because I belive one can't drop off an EasyRentACar at a different location than the pick-up one. However, perhaps with another company you could drop off the car somewhere else and fly back from there. Alternatively you could buy an InterRail type system ticket for x number of days that RENFE sell at any main station (I could get you more information about this option). The train system works fairly well, and you can of course knock down on expenses this way travelling by night.

Hope this helps.

jl

Nano 763
18th Dec 2002, 18:36
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Spain has the best looking women in the world)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Evidently you haven´t been to Argentina yet.

quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever been to Basque country?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please.... I must insist that you visit France before making your final decision.