PDA

View Full Version : Boys With Toys!!!!

Danny Howarth
14th Oct 2002, 15:08
Just been browsing through the Flight Deck pages over todays announcement about EZY's decision to buy Airbuses. What I find extremely worrying is the way "they" bicker about which aircraft type is the best! "My Boeing is better than your Airbus & vice versa"!!
For gods sake at the end of the day who cares? Similiar problem arose at my previous Company when A330's were ordered, the flight crew were pratically having fistycuffs in the local watering hole down route!
Having flown on both Aircraft types I can't see what the big deal is! As long as I get from A to B in one piece then that's all that matters. Anyone out there care to comment? Read the Flight Crew comments first, pretty amusing if you ask me!!!!! :D

corsaman
14th Oct 2002, 16:04
Well at least the Airbus aisle is wider - meaning that those of us, Danny, entering middle age, (!) can get up and down it without too many static shocks.....................;)

flystarboy
14th Oct 2002, 22:03
well our Boeings (737-700`s) seem to cater amply well for the more mature flight attendant!! Hipwise...:p

Tiger
15th Oct 2002, 07:41
corsaman you getting a little large round your middle?;)

corsaman
15th Oct 2002, 12:19
Possibly......since the 6 sector LTN stopped.....however I'd rather be big than do them!:)

flitegirl
15th Oct 2002, 13:10
Corsaman, Flystarboy... you can start worrying about your aisles when you're crewing on a DHC8! :eek:

flitegirl;)

topdog1
16th Oct 2002, 17:27
Personally I prefer to work on boeing, good solid aircraft with straight forward video buttons etc unlike the flimsy airbus with all its mod cons!!

Bucking Bronco
18th Oct 2002, 23:37
Danny,

I sense a bit of pilot bashing going on here my friend, so I'll take the bait...

Pilots may "bicker" about which is best because they know the differences and can; Boeing and Airbus have totally different operating philosophies. In BA our cabin crew have preferences over aircraft types - B737 being most hated.

<Having flown on both Aircraft types I can't see what the big deal is! As long as I get from A to B in one piece then that's all that matters.>

2 things: - i) Being flown on both types and flying both types are different things, you (along with the passengers) probably couldn't appreciate the differences.
ii) They do say that ignorance is bliss.

Cheers

BB

A320_Murray
19th Oct 2002, 00:12
Hey,
I think the aircraft type can make all the difference to a passenger, as does the crew who are in the plane serving the passengers.....:D ...my family wouldn't know the difference though, doh:rolleyes:

Bagelman
31st Oct 2002, 16:53
I too sense a bit of pilot bashing here, and I'm going to take the bait as well.

With regards to 737 over A319, well 2 very different a/c. I think the main problem that people have with the Airbus is that it is fly-by-wire and of course the whole side stick debate. Much of the argument between the 2 a/c types has been based on the 737 being the proven workhorse of the industry, it being robust, reliable etc. Having worked on the 737 (as cabin crew) I found the aisles wide enough!

The thing is, changing from 1 a/c type to another is difficult. Add to this the fact that the way an A319 responds to control inputs is radically different to a 737 then you will always get disagreements. I agree that the whole 'if it aint Boeing I aint goin' attitude is outdated, but so is slagging off flight deck in the rear galley. So, Danny I hope you were just letting off steam and will pay more attention at your next CRM course!!