PDA

View Full Version : Exam re-sits

Penguina
14th Oct 2002, 13:06
I swore it would never happen to me, but the anniversary of my air law pass is fast approaching and as of yet no skill test... :(

Now, I thought I had a year to complete the syllabus, but I heard a rumour that the shelf life of the exams has now been extended. Does anyone have any concrete information?

Evo
14th Oct 2002, 13:30
The requirements are in GID21:
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/srg_fcl_gid21.pdf

It does seem to have changed - you used to have to do them all within a 12 month period, after which they were valid for 24 months from the date of the last exam pass. However, that now seems to have changed to an 18 month period :)

Don D Cake
14th Oct 2002, 13:35
Fear not Pengy, you have two years after the completion of your last exam to finish your training....

Penguina
15th Oct 2002, 12:03
Thanks. :)

knobbygb
16th Oct 2002, 16:31
Good news indeed!

I did my Air Law last June and was just about to sit it again (like, tomorrow) because I haven't done all of them yet. Now it looks like I won't have to :D

Just one point if anyone knows for sure - will it matter that the time limit for doing all the exams was only 12 months when I did mine last June? i.e., it 'expired' this June, but is now valid again since the rule changed. Am I correct here? It doesn't make this clear in the CAA doc above.

When did the rules change?

Thanks.