PDA

View Full Version : NATS Interview

Mr Fog
14th Oct 2002, 10:51
Hey guys,

I have my Nats interview coming up in about 3 weeks time and was wondering if anyone on this site could give me any help as to what to expect.. Anything from tips, what to learn, past questions etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

14th Oct 2002, 11:27
A lot of people in the same position ask the same question; if you do a search on this forum you'll find a mountain of useful information.

And good luck!!

dgutte
14th Oct 2002, 14:57
Hi Mr F

I have been through this twice (a few years ago mind) and although I can't remember much about what when on I do remember that there is no feedback whatsoever.

Prepare yourself for a stony faced, blank look after every answer you give - its nothing personal, just the way they do it.

If its the technical interview you have then 1261 is right about there being some info on this site (somewhere!).

dgutte

Best of luck!

Spooney
14th Oct 2002, 16:54
Hey Mr Fog,

As far as the technical interview is concerned, I remember a few Aircraft recognition questions tied in with speed of aircraft. i.e. What sequence would you make these aircraft on approach to an airfield?
Keep an open mind and keep the answers simple, that's the advice I can give you.

Although you might not want to take my advice.... I applied Three times all without joy!. I passed the Technical and Computer tests on all three occasions but didn't manage to get through the Personel interview done by a certain 'stoney faced' woman! I obviously didn't have a personality to match my ability!
It didn't make sense to me.... Especially after I qualified as an Upper Area Radar Controller a few years later at a European Centre.

There is hope, Good luck at the Interview....

MinimumRest
14th Oct 2002, 20:42
Definately do a search for 'nats recruitment' or similar, as I started a topic back in March asking for info and got some great replies, including a link to a great website full of tips and sample questions. Good Luck!

MR XxX

Oh, I passed by the way! :D

left outer, right inner
14th Oct 2002, 22:28
Heres that site!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/radar2001/resources/ATCO1.htm

Cheers!

LORI

Mr Fog
15th Oct 2002, 10:55
Cheers for pointing me in the right direction guys - very helpful!
I'll let you know how I get on.

Mr F:D