PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Body or Wide Body ???

Chryse
14th Oct 2002, 09:44
I am curious: What is the actual definition (if there is one) for a narrow body / wide body jet?

I have presented this question to many fellow pilots at my company and have received answers varying from wake turbulence to cockpit height! Some even state the answers lies on the number of abreast cabin seats.

Thanks

Chryse

john_tullamarine
14th Oct 2002, 10:08
Easily answered, of course ... the taut, youthful body to which I aspire in my mind is a narrow body ... that which I see in the mirror is somewhat more of a wide body ... oh dear ... maybe another 500 km on the pushbike will help ...

... dreary and unimaginative people probably distinguish between them on the basis of one aisle or two along the cabin ...

Intruder
14th Oct 2002, 18:15
Even Boeing now refers to their manufacturing plants as "single aisle" (73/75 in Renton) and "twin-aisle" (74/76/77 in Everett), rather than "narrow body" and "wide body" plants...

Slasher
16th Oct 2002, 01:09
Anything that can easily run over and squash a 737 without batting an eyelid is in my opinion a wide-body.

john_tullamarine
16th Oct 2002, 01:25
... while, of course, Slasher's definition is far more precise than the others ...