PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew Duty Times?

RAIM
11th Oct 2002, 08:16
Hi,

I am doing some research into cabin crew duty times and associated rest periods allowed for by Australian operators. Am mostly interested in smaller RPT and charter companies operating turbo-props and small jets.

Under existing operations manuals can anybody tell me what limits are currently imposed on cabin crew. Are they afforded the same considerations in the aforementioned area as tech crew? If not, why not?

Are there any relevant fatigue studies available (other than tech crew)?

I'd appreciate thoughts and comments from those in the know.

Thanks in advance.

RAIM

Purdey
14th Oct 2002, 20:05
hi

please check your email box , i've sent u a reply regarding to your query.

Thanks

skyways
10th Jan 2003, 14:28
My company has only just put systems in place in regards to set duty time limits and rest periods for the cabin crew. 8 hours rest after a duty of less than 8 hours and 10 hours off for any duty exceeding 8 hours is the norm, although if you work in excess of 12 hours duty (which happens quite regularly) then you get that same amount of rest time, i.e. if you work a 13 hour duty period, you get 13 hours rest, 13 hours 24 minutes, 14 hours off and so on.

I know that there is another company whose operations are similar to ours, but their CC are on the same flight/duty limits as the pilots.

Can make for some long weeks!! :D