PDA

View Full Version : Fatique Control - The Movie...

karrank
11th Oct 2002, 05:58
Australian ATC have just recieved a weighty envelope containing a pamphlet, a detailed report and a video designed to help us manage our fatigue. I've watched the video, glanced through the pamplet, and I'll get to the report when I've finished nights and can read whole sentences again...

Obviously my comments relate to the video, which was great, entertaining, with relevant points, and (I think) required watching for anybody considering professional sleep denial. As I was watching the main character wandering around the house in the early afternoon wondering were his family was, I was ironing in front of the telly in the early afternoon wondering were my wife was and whether I'm supposed to be awake when youngest comes home from school or not.

In fact I so closely identify with the somewhat brain-damaged main character that I begin to wonder about myself. I have been described by others as somewhat eccentric (that's what "wierdo" means doesn't it?) which I have allways accepted as what I am, so live with it. But now I wonder if 20 years of shiftwork has got me where I am today, and so I should stop. Now. For my own mental & physical health & happiness.

Is shiftwork worth it? What do you think of the package?

No sign of No. 2 son, so I'll go to bed now...