PDA

View Full Version : "Spirit of Africa"

Flight Detent
7th Oct 2002, 09:39
Who knows anything about this 'new' company?

Cheers

Dutchman
7th Oct 2002, 12:46
Use the search function. Believe I saw something posted a few days ago. Think they moved the topic to Middle East Forum as company is based in U.A.E contrary to what the name makes you think.

never mind here's a link http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68683

JJflyer
7th Oct 2002, 13:08
Lotīs of Iraqis working with this outfit. They take cheap labour , ie, people that have no other choise. Also Indonesians and Philipinos in their staff. Company is owned my Sheik Al Thani of Qatar.
Those Iraqis where the worst type of people I have ever had the displeasure to work with. Once they are done backstabbing you and there is nothing left to chew they do the same thing to each other. What a bunch. I would not accept a position with this outfit even if the other option is to work in MacD frying hamburgers.

Post Content edited to reflect what I actually wanted to say.

Boss Raptor
7th Oct 2002, 14:08
Al-Thani is subject to US Sanctions after presenting Saddam with a 747SP...Air Gulf Falcon also affected as I presume Spirit of Africa would be if Al-Thani involved...

flying masai
7th Oct 2002, 16:05
PLEASE STOP WRITTING THOSE RACIST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot judge an entire population on one experience. This is 2002 not 1933.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Doudou
7th Oct 2002, 18:58
I don't know what's going on this week, I read more and more racist posts, is it the shortage of job? The muslims, africans, Iraqis, or whatever are not responsible. If you don't like to share your cockpit with people from ohter country, just put all your money together and make your own airline, and you should call it, I don't know: Third Reich, or Aryan Airline...

JJflyer
8th Oct 2002, 20:02
OK...

Now for that bunch that decided my views for me. I stand behind my words.

I have flown and worked with Austrian, German, English,Welsh, American, Canadian, Egyptian, Syrian, Libyan, Iranian, Congolese, Belgian, French, Spanish, Finnish, Nigerian, Swedish and South African pilots and others...
Add all the others that I have crossed paths with around the whole world. Saudis, Kuwaitis, oh a whole lot.

flying masai and Doudou

No it is not 1933. I am very well aware of that.
My example in the thread above was just one. I have had many run- ins before and equally bad.
I am not judging the whole population with one encounter. Neither Am I suggesting that every citizen of a particular country are somehow twisted or all should be put into one category. To this day I do not have objections to flying with a qualified pilot regardless of race, colour, religion or sexual preference. I have just had bad experiences and will take every precaution to avoid getting into a situation where this would happen again.

I think that I am quite qualified to make my own judgement on the basis of my exposure on different cultures and nations. Let alone that I have lived as an Expatriate since early 1997 in different parts of the world ( Still am ) and I come from a family where all major religions are represented. Yes my sister and her daughters are Muslim.

Corrected for typos

Cpt. Underpants
8th Oct 2002, 20:03
I always thought that "The Spirit Of Africa" was a gallon of "Klipdrift"!!

Doudou
9th Oct 2002, 01:49
JJ
OK, sorry , I think I over reacted, actually because one day before I read a stupid racist thread, and I mixed up everything, but you can admit that what you wrote the first time was not clear, sounded like you had problem with Iraq population , not with few of them.
Take care

9th Oct 2002, 06:34
Can't argue with that JJ mate! Personally I'm sick of the do-gooders of the world who sit back and watch, whilst their well laid plans push countries off the edge, and entire populations into irrecoverable poverty and misery! Just the other day their forefathers were on a worldwide rampage colonising everything in site; now they divorce themselves from all responsibility of colonialism, yet claim victory in two world wars! Nothing like a dose of selective standards to boost their self esteem!