PDA

View Full Version : im desperate!!!!

RJANS
29th Sep 2002, 17:09
i am a flight attendant in greece in AEGEAN CRONUS AIRLINES and i want to work somewhere in europe. does anyone something that could help me...... :( :( :( :(

Xenia
29th Sep 2002, 18:50
I think the first thing to do is to have a clear idea...
Where exactly in Europe would you like to work? As a cabin Crew? Obviously you are also aware you need to be fluent in the language of the country you are pointing at. Uhmmm Greece is such a wonderful country!
Geia sou :cool:

leemo
29th Sep 2002, 23:29
Hi Athina,

Greece is part of the EU so I doubt you will have any problems working in any of the EU member countries.

Check out

http://www.aviationjobsearch.com

and good luck.

Lee-QF short haul, Sydney

FloatJockey
30th Sep 2002, 01:37
Hey Leemo! That link doesn't work! Can you double check it and post it again please?

Athina, if you want a list of all the companies operating in Europe and their website, try www.airways.ch (http://) and click on "airlines" in the left menu. Once the list appears, you can simply click on an airline to be automatically redirected to their webpage. From there, you'll have to look for "our company" or "employment" or "site map" until you find vacancies or info about how to apply... it really depends on how each website is organized.

I recently applied with Air2000 in the UK but there are many more to look at. Definitely not a one-day-job. Since there are slightly under 200 companies in Europe and applying to all of them would take for ever, I suggest you start with the ones in the EU (where you have the right to work, as Xenia mentioned). Check for airlines that fly to Greece since you speak the language. I know EasyJet fly to Athens and are constantly recruiting, with 2 cabin crew ground school per month!!

Another good way to save time is to select the airlines that are currently advertising for staff on their website, download their application form or e-mail their "contact address" and ask for a form sent to you by mail.

Unfortunately, many airlines do not advertise their vacancies, making it hard for applicants to know when to apply. Don't let this put you down! If you are what they are looking for, they'll keep your resume on file! If a specific airline really appeals to you, it's always worth trying. ;)

Good luck!

Mrs. FloatJockey

flyblue
30th Sep 2002, 21:24
Swiss is hiring a the moment. Try on their site, where you can download the application form.
Good luck.

leemo
30th Sep 2002, 23:34
Hi Mrs F,

The site was down yesterday but is working again this morning. The URL is correct, give it another go.

Cheers

Leemo-QF Short Haul, Sydney

FloatJockey
1st Oct 2002, 13:14
Thanks Flyblue! I applied with them last week but I'm not sure it will work... under Swissair, they used to be very strict with languages: only people fluent in german (+ english or italian or french) could become cabin crew! We'll see! For sure they won't offer me "international" but still I would be happy with "intercontinental"!

I also would like to mention to other Ppruners interested in working for Swiss that one of the reasons vacancies are not filled yet is because applicants need a Swiss passport, a residency permit or a valid work permit to be considered, since Switzerland is not part of the EU.

I also reckon the main reason why Swiss residents are not applying is because of the salary: by experience, there is no way someone can live in Zurich or Geneva with a base salary of Sfr. 3500.- per month before taxes, unless you share accomodation, renounce to your wheels, never catch up with friends, reduce yourself to starvation...... :eek: No kidding! It's really tough! Nothing personal against Swiss (in fact I applied) but if it wasn't for Mr. FJ bringing the bread home............ :( :( Honestly I don't know! Maybe living on the other side of the border and coming in every day is the solution...

Mrs. FJ

p.s. Thanks Leemo! I give it a try!

Xenia
1st Oct 2002, 18:08
A friend of mine is about to depart to pasture news... yes, the green pastures of Swiss. The Company sorted out for her a residency + work permit, and yes... she is 100% fluent in English, German and of course Italian.

flyblue
2nd Oct 2002, 20:41
The non-Swiss passport holders I know working for Swiss live in France (BSL airport is at the border, and is much cheaper) and had their work permit sorted out by the company. About languages, I know someone speaking only Ing+French who works for them.

FloatJockey
3rd Oct 2002, 01:32
Uh! Wow! Thanks for that! It's good news!

Is any of these girls a PpruNer? I'd love to find out more about work conditions / company "atmosphere" and of course salary after allowances... the only info I could find so far are the ones on the website...

Thanks!

Mrs. FJ

Sandrina
12th Oct 2002, 21:55
If you work for Swiss and your base is the Euroairport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg, you can also live in Germany, for example Weil am Rhein which is approximately 15 minutes by car from the airport. A two-room-appartement is about € 400,00 including utilities and the neighbourhood is great.
About the language: the former Crossair only asked their flight attendants to be fluent in english and either german, french or italian. Swiss requires fluency in english, german and french.

@ Mrs. Float Jockey: when you are a EU-Passport-Holder and fluent in german, why donīt you go for Lufthansa? They are looking for more than 1000 new flight attendants in 2003 and the work conditions are excellent. Greetings from Munich, Sandrina