PDA

View Full Version : Twin Rating Renewal - Where to do it?

LowNSlow
29th Sep 2002, 04:16
Now that I have persuaded myself that it is a good time to renew my long lapsed twin rating, can anybody recommend a good school?

It should preferably be in the Herts / Beds / N. London area. It would also be lovely if they had a Twin Commanche but I doubt anybody still uses them for training.

Ah well, here we go again, chucking 50 pound notes on the fire instead of the usual 20s :D

BEagle
29th Sep 2002, 06:28
If you can make it as far as Kidlington or Wellesbourne, try www.ontrackaviation.com . They are approved as a FTO to conduct MEP training and would probably be able to design a course specifically for your needs. Normally I think that they use a Seneca; don't know whether they could source a twin-Comm for you.

I have no financial interest in this company and am merely answering your query. However, I do know that they have a good reputation for sound instructional standards.

distaff_beancounter
29th Sep 2002, 08:24
LowNSlow
We are not allowed to mention specific schools on PPRUNE, under threat of being banned by BRL, for advertising :(

I did try & send you a private message, but it said that your private message box was full.

Anyhow, somewhere on the CAA website is a full list of FTO's that are authorised to do multi-engine training, including several in Herts/Beds/North London. eg at Elstree, Stapleford, Cranfield

BEagle
I have noticed that there are some UK schools that are advertising M/E training, in Flyer & Pilot, but which are not on the CAA's list of FTOs.
So:-
Do the CAA check such things?
Would M/E training, at a non FTO, be valid?

LowNSlow
29th Sep 2002, 09:53
BEagle thanks for the info, personal recommendations are exactly what I'm looking for.

distaff_beancounter good question. I look forward to seeing what answers pop up to that one. I didn't realise my inbox was full. Will clear it out forthwith if you want to try again.

I though advertising your OWN company was verboten on Pprune but recommending a company in which you have no personal interest was OK? Clarification please BRL?

BEagle
29th Sep 2002, 16:55
<BEagle
I have noticed that there are some UK schools that are advertising M/E training, in Flyer & Pilot, but which are not on the CAA's list of FTOs.
So:-
Do the CAA check such things?
Would M/E training, at a non FTO, be valid?>

1. Yes. But usually after it's brought to their attention as they're understaffed where it matters.....

2. No it wouldn't. You'd be wasting your money. They would probably be prosecuted. But check that you're looking in the right place on the website - many organisations have multiple approvals as FTOs.

distaff_beancounter
29th Sep 2002, 17:25
BEagle Thanks for the reply, which is rather what I assumed that it would be. I was just surprised that after more than 2 years of JAR, there still seems to be schools who haven't read them!:(

LowNSlow I have waded my way through the CAA website & found the list of FTOs, at last.

I think that this link should take you there:-
CAA List of FTOs (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SRG_FCL_ApprovedFTOs.pdf)

BRL
29th Sep 2002, 18:25
LowNSlow I though advertising your OWN company was verboten on Pprune but recommending a company in which you have no personal interest was OK? Clarification please BRL?

Your right. If its not in your gain you can say who you want. I beleive Distaff works for one of the big schools so thats why she pm'ed you.