PDA

View Full Version : Anyone affected by todays Greek Strike.

Balboy
26th Sep 2002, 20:57
Just wondering....?

Any stories to tell....Was it ALL YOUR fault, or was it Thank you for making it go so smoothly.

Just returned from HER (Crete) on my charter airline(clue in my username). It was delayed for 3 hours and was full both ways(767-300).

We were told pre-departure that because of the strike that up to 50 a/c wanted to leave LGW at the same time and it was a question of whose ready first can go...in 2 hours time. So we took the gamble and boarded the pax early and they had to wait on board for 2 hours. It paid off and we were the first to go.

On arrival in HER, I asked the agent if we were the first; we were. Whilst deplaneing I saw 3 more company a/c land within 5 mins, followed by Transavia and MYT.

Now, back to topic...My pax both ways were BRILLIANT. In fact, one told me that in the terminal, when they saw us land, there was a huge cheer. Other pax from other airlines were asking" where's ours then". When the second company a/c landed, another cheer. By the time the fourth landed they were almost riotus.

I would like to thank our reps abroad for all there help informing the pax of the situation, but most of all thank all the people out there who fly charter and tell them that there comments about when things go good in a bad situation are appreciated...

How was your day...?