PDA

View Full Version : Can PPRuNe help us get a job?

Idunno
29th Sep 2001, 05:35
Danny I have a suggestion.
Many pilots using this forum have their own websites, or can easily set a simple page up on a free server.

How about lending a hand with the job of matching crews with employers by setting up some kind of page where pilots can post a link to their personal web based CV.

You could (for instance) have a page for anyone with a B747 rating, another for B737 ratings etc.

There might be a little administration required, but it would be an added boost for traffic to this site as well as being a practical help to guys who are becoming unemployed.

Whaddya say?

Jeremy Cooke
29th Sep 2001, 14:54
Yes Danny, a central "register" of available pilots would a great idea in good times and bad!
Sorry but I didn't mean to try for free advertising (I've just spent £400+ on an ad. in Flight!)..I genuinely feel that any small morale booster in these awful times might be for the good.
Incidentaly, in our (small-jet AOC) world, a good pilot is never out of a job for long, and I'm sure that the same goes for the "Big-Boys".
They have been there before.... Air Europe, Dan Dare, Paramount, Court line, etc, etc. all failed, disgorging stunned pilots into the dole queues. It's a cyclical thing and (in reality) the spectre of sudden unemployment hangs over all of us, we know this, but it is part of the "payback" for being privaliged to have "the job that beats working for a living".
It's highly probable that in less than a year everyone will be hiring like mad and it will all start again!
All the luck in the world to all you guys...

Wee Weasley Welshman
29th Sep 2001, 15:51
The IPA and The Co-Pilot Register both perform this function already at modest cost.

Its a non-starter but thanks for floating the idea - input is always welcome.

v1rotate
30th Sep 2001, 18:52
Idunno,

I'm willing to put up a page for links to pilots personal pages according to aircraft type. I already have a personal webpage but unless someone knows it's there, they're never going to find it.

I can group it for aircraft type etc then have a link for each pilots website. Having designed several webs, this is very simple to set up. Shall I do it??