PDA

View Full Version : It's time for the moderators to act

EGDR
28th Sep 2001, 21:44
Surely the time has come to do something about this ronchoner idiot. Just look at the number of new idiotic threads he has started with all his aliases.

Can't we at least block each new id he uses ?

The Greener Grass
28th Sep 2001, 21:52
EGDR - hear hear.

I have to say that this egomaniac buffoon is now out of control. Please WWW, Scroggs this is way beyond a joke now, as it is filling the once useful Wannabee forum with drivel.

I am close to throwing the Pprune towel in (a good thing some may say) :D :D but I am sure that there are others who feel similar that would be missed by genuine wannabes.

Please!

[ 28 September 2001: Message edited by: The Greener Grass ]

piperindian
28th Sep 2001, 22:00
Its still a free world (or not ?)
Ronchonner has made constructive comments. I agree 100% with him on the JAR system. IT SUCKS !!!
I possess a JAR ATPL which he has not so i know what i am speaking about.

Cessna Boy
28th Sep 2001, 22:01
Guys I am on your boat, stuck a posting on the twats last thread(well topic shall we call it) but thanks to WWW or Scroggs its gone. Too much this time, almost every thread has this guys sh*t on it.
Ronny go back to playing with FS2000, your mothers underwear or your rabbits crap.
Sad loser! :mad:
Sorry for the outburst to the thousands of decent ppruners who rely on this for the best advice in the industry, but I had to get it off my chest!

foghorn
28th Sep 2001, 22:11
RT,

piperindian is another of ronch's aliases

Luke SkyToddler
28th Sep 2001, 22:33
Yep, add my voice to the clamour ... he's got to go. Lately it seems that every single thread has been hijacked by that contemptible little ****. I try not to join in the flame wars because it only wastes bandwidth and obviously doesn't discourage him, but it is really most distressing seeing my favourite website turned into a playground for an imbecile.

scroggs
28th Sep 2001, 23:28
Deciding to bin someone is a very delicate judgement, although we have done it with most of Ronch's alter-egos. As WWW has said in another thread, we can block an individual IP so any stuff originating from that address is stopped. However, if some other IP address is the source, we have to wait either for proof this is our perp or for the posts to become unacceptable. That's where the judgement comes in.
It's not OK to bin a post or poster because they're annoying, or because their opinions are against the majority here. Free speech is allowed, even on Pprune! There are obviously subjects which would get an instant ban, but most wouldn't.
So, don't let the bastard wind you up, and let us look after him when the time is right.

Keith.Williams.
28th Sep 2001, 23:36
People,

This person is clearly aiming to incite your exasperated reactions. The more heated your responses, the more he will be encouraged. He is feeding off your emotions!

If his inputs are banned he will simply consider this to be a new challenge and find new ways of getting in. You will be paying his game.

The most effective solution is to simply ignore him. If his inputs generate no responses they will quickly drift down the lists and disappear. He will eventually get bored and do the same. As Maggy T would put it "without the oxygen of publicity he will suffocate".

Sensible
28th Sep 2001, 23:53
come on guys, lighten up a bit, a diversity of comment is what makes this forum interesting! Without the light comic relief of Ronchy this forum would be only half as interesting, maybe less!! Obviously he/she is holding your interest otherwise no comment would be forthcoming. Ronchy at lest gets out brain cells (and our fingers) some excercise! Keep em coming Ronchy your posts entertain me anyways!

JB007
28th Sep 2001, 23:56
Well said Mr Williams,

Please, everbody just ignore his posts!