PDA

View Full Version : Dear WWW

MJR
28th Sep 2001, 16:52
Dear WWW,

I read Baboy13's thread this afternoon and although its probably my weird sense of humour it did actually make me laugh, something I haven't done much of recently.

The point I am trying to make is, yes certainly the many guises of Ronchonner do nothing to help this forum, however its good to laugh sometimes even if its at ourselves. A sense of humour is not a universal characteristic.

That said I will file a flight plan to jump off my soap box.

cheers

MJR

G SXTY
28th Sep 2001, 20:28
Hush now sonny.

MJR
Nothing wrong with the odd tongue in cheek thread. The problem is, as others have said, when we get a ‘contributor’ whose only interest is slagging off the JAA, and anyone training under it. OK, so he’s probably just an illiterate teenager who doesn’t get out much, but it gets a bit wearing after a while.

And don’t underestimate the number of people who get turned off Pprune by these kind of posts. I’ve just returned from the GAPAN tests at Cranwell, and several wannabes mentioned that they’d stopped using the site because the doom, gloom and general mudslinging was starting to get to them.

I’m afraid we’re stuck with Ronch as long as the site is free access, but to charge would penalise and deter a lot of younger wannabes in particular. My suggestion would be to deal with his posts by slinging them over to JetBlast as soon as they appear. There they would soon die a death, or get ripped to shreds by the regulars, while we can get on with half-sensible discussions.

Sagey
28th Sep 2001, 20:28
Mr Ron

You have the camouflage of Original pre world war 1 soldiers (Bright red trousers in the jungle), the originality of an American sitcom, and the obsessiveness of a fanatic.

Sagey

Delta Wun-Wun
28th Sep 2001, 22:04
Dear Ronnie,
If I come over to the States for some hour building what are the chances of getting a jump seat ride on the next big Airliner that you are Captaining,you being such an accomplished Pilot and all. :D :D

[ 28 September 2001: Message edited by: Delta Wun-Wun ]