PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Crew

kenoco
22nd Sep 2002, 22:14
Hi people,I am an ex employee of QR and sometimes I was badly treated and had no contracts,the problem is that a lot of my friends are unfortunately still stuck in Doha being messed about by AAlBaker,has anybody out there ever worked for QR and have you been badly treated??If you have I would love to hear your histories.Kind Regards xxxxxx C.

Maradona
23rd Sep 2002, 00:33
Id Just like to take this opportunity to wish all the Qatar Airways (Australian Flight Attendants) who fly out to Doha Qatar This Friday, for there 7 weeks of training all the best Guys and Girls. Good Luck, and dont listen to the bad comments people may say about Qatar, its what you make of your time in Doha that counts.

Just remember to enjoy your time overseas, and your time as a Flight Attendant. Its going to be a whole new life, Paris, Rome, Bangkok, and next year Sydney ive been told.

kenoco
23rd Sep 2002, 14:25
have a nice time Honestly I hope they do but really chances are they will be back home in a couple of months or if they get sense they will apply to Emirates but the thing is you are not allowed to apply to EK while you are working for AAB.Thats one of the many rules they don't tell you about,but anyway best of luck xx C.

gulf-crew
23rd Sep 2002, 22:36
Hi Kenoco

I was one of the longest serving British serving crew members at QR once upon a time but lucky for me too the jump last year and have landed a good one.

Yep I personally think that a lot of the new aussie crew wont last much longer than 6 months, although they do have a CSD out in QR who is a New Zealander and has been their quite a few years.

Life in Qatar is very much what you make it, had a fantastic time, going out to the desert, sunbathing, shopping, boating etc As for the social life well what can I say Hic Hic, but watch yourselfes aussie crews if your reading this, dont get drunk if your training as they do spot checks even on training over the limit and off you trot back to aussie no questions.

As for the flying, well yeh did enjoy it , but now mostly days off down route, flying with min crew nearly always and well they cant keep their crew.

Look up QR in Middle East forum and even here, I did enjoy myself after all 3 1/2 years what can I say to you all , but hey I am no fan of the little man AAB (sorry poor excuse to call him a man) and his systamatic ways of no other words but harassing the crew and making life difficult.

Any questions feel free to email or private message me / would love to hear how you aussie crew get on. Very best of luck cause you'll need it.

;)

A300Man
24th Sep 2002, 06:32
My Goodness.........

Kenoco and Gulf Crew,

You have both done a sterling job here in encouraging the new Australian crew NOT to enjoy themselves at Qatar Airways. They haven't even started flying yet (still in training here), and you have already put them off beyond belief.........I have just met one of them in the QR offices and the poor girl is now terrified silly, because of the postings that you have made.

For goodness sake, please let them get onto the aircraft and let them find out for themselves what its all about. If any of them need to ask you private questions, let them do so over the PM system here, or whatever.

But to go an a mass public broadcast and tell these poor individuals that they have just "made the biggest mistake of their lives........" is totally silly guys. Maybe they have NO other option at this stage. We all need to earn.

As for NF (the long serving NZ Qatar CSD), he is doing prefectly well here and just gets on with the job and doesn't let the whole thing affect him. He is now proven to be an excellent CSD.

Gulf Crew - hope you are doing well mate and hope that you are back in the sky. Where are you right now?

A300Man

kenoco
24th Sep 2002, 08:47
well hello there good A300Man how are you,well I hope you are well.Look all we are giving is free advice,anyway,AAB says he dosn't care so what the hell is all the fuss about,I know this NZ man very well and yes he is a really professional CSD,but Ialso know his backround and he has a good reason for being in Doha,he's one of the best,if he was a bit younger he could get a job anywhere,the reason I am so hostile is because friends of mine got treated very badly by the infamous "chief"and we all know that a lot of the things he says and does to people would not be acceptable throughout the rest of the civilised world,he would be in court everyday.A300Man take care speak to ya later.