PDA

View Full Version : BAe Jerez to close?

BUDGIE
27th Sep 2001, 11:58
Please don't bite my head off. But late yesterday evening I heard that Jerez was to close. Basically the "rumour" is centred on the AIH and EI cadets not having jobs and their training is being terminated by the airlines. BAe is therfore apparently sending all cadets 'home.'?????

Tell me I'm being had :eek:

Cheers
Budgie

Bright-Ling
27th Sep 2001, 12:52
Oh ****.

Hope not true. Know a AIH trainee there.

Double ****.

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Sep 2001, 16:29
You're being had.

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Sep 2001, 16:42
http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=010769&p=3

wannabe12342001
27th Sep 2001, 19:26
Budgie could you tell us where you heard about the AIH cadets having no job and having their training suspended. Havenīt heard that rumour on here before and I too have a friend currently on the scheme with them. :( :(

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Sep 2001, 19:45
I think I need to stamp on this very hard - the AIH cadets are continuing training and continue to have the very real prospect of a job at the end of it.

In fact with British Regional now belonging to BA their services for 2 years of BRAL TP flying prior to their AIH jet rating are no longer required. Meaning that the current cadets might well be line flying wide body aircraft inside of 8 months...

Cheers,

Sink Rate
27th Sep 2001, 20:01
I've just got back from there today and trust me - it's not set to close anyime soon.

Yes the AI guys had letters releasing them from thir contracts but it looks like they'll be finishing their courses.

A new course starts there on Monday so, in short, it's not up to full capacity but it's certainly got enough business to be getting on with for the moment.

VFE
27th Sep 2001, 21:53
Thanks for giving me a good laugh to take my mind off my sunburn!

VFE. :cool:

window-seat
27th Sep 2001, 21:58
Yep, 14 of us arrived yesterday, and we are all settling in very nicely!! Now where did I put that beer??? :D

Hasta la vista!

p.s. hi WWW, weve been talking about u today! ;)

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Sep 2001, 22:13
Thats nice - all good I hope. Now just don't go swimming in that pool at 3 in the morning as drunk as a Lord - its very dangerous and I'm lucky to have survived... :cool:

Have a ball - shall be down for a visit in about 6 weeks :)

Delta Wun-Wun
28th Sep 2001, 02:09
Chaps,it would be nice to have an update on here every so often on how your getting on...........And I don`t mean who has got sunburnt or drunk the most !!!! :cool: :D

Wee Weasley Welshman
28th Sep 2001, 03:23
Although I note with some concern that the Big Boss himself has been in on the very agreeable corporate jet twice since the current crisis. In addition there is the compulsory staff meeting at 4 o' clock tomorrow which sounds a little ominous.

I'm sure its nothing.

Well, nothing much!

springbok449
28th Sep 2001, 10:51
Don't have a go at Budgie he did mention that he only overheard it.
I too have friends over there and they all were a little concerned at first but now things have calmed down a little however did hear that the Aer Lingus cadets were not going to be offered employment at the end of their course which is not good, heard nothing about the Airtours lot though.
Also in the hard times ahead maybe the training organisations will look after the self-sponsored students much better as airline sponsorship will ease of for a little while?
And last but not least good luck to all of you who have just started.

fmgs
3rd Oct 2001, 04:48
So, what is the latest news about the AIH Cadets?

seadog
3rd Oct 2001, 13:20
WWW quick to jump in again? A.L. have chopped 30 cadets from Bae and Oxford, although given the option to continue at their own expense.Airtours have asked BRAL to keep some of their cadets on as they have cancelled all courses. Now that's serious.

Wee Weasley Welshman
3rd Oct 2001, 13:38
Seadog - No :rolleyes:. I knew what was happening to the cadets about an hour after they did.

In the subsequent staff meetings at Jerez the Big Cheese outline a strategy of BAE Corporate bankrolling the college through this period for it to emerge as a more dominant player when things pick up againand perhaps other colleges have closed.

Cheers,

Wee Weasley Welshman
3rd Oct 2001, 14:15
Seadog - no. I knew about the cadets about an hour after they did. As for being held over at Regional - I believe this is still a fluid situation, yes?

Cheers,

BillyFish2
3rd Oct 2001, 15:12
Thanks for that info WWW. Excellent to know BAE is set for the long haul with Jerez. BAE have the money, so it makes obvious sense in the long run. Just hope the accountants don't suddenly take over - their vision is usually restricted to about one inch beyond their nose when it comes to this sort of thing.

Anyway your news on BAE's new strategy will make the 8 hours I have to kill in Stansted tonight, before my flight to Jerez, a bit more bearable.

FRIDAY
4th Oct 2001, 05:51
Hey Billyfish2 fill us in on Your trip to jerez, I was going to visit there myself this month but decided to visit in New year.
I plan to commence training there next year regardless.To there misfortune they may have you too!, by this I mean two Dubliner's, cant be good.
P.s To october 1st guys: I hope everything got off to a good start, good luck.

Sprawler
4th Oct 2001, 18:06
Just back from my hols to Espana. Paid a visit to Jerez and checked out BAE's campus. Have to say, I was very impressed with the whole setup. Not your average FTO.