PDA

View Full Version : Overtime Deal takes a plunge!!!

loadsofmoney
20th Sep 2002, 21:07
Has anyone heard the rumour that the overtime deal has been suspended?

now, not so loadsofmoney.........................

atco-matic
20th Sep 2002, 23:00
Well if you mean the piece of paper lying around that says that ''as PCS have yet to approve the pay deal, the ATCOs pay deal is technically not accepted and thus staff should not work additional attendances until agreement has been finalised'' (or words to that effect then yes it's been suspended!

It's a non starter anyway- I mean don't management realise that most of us have enough of the place as it is without working on our days off? Give me £1k after tax per day and I MIGHT consider doing a couple of days... anything else just isnt worth the hassle.

Nogbad the Bad
21st Sep 2002, 00:53
atco-matic......my sentiments EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

And I hope it applies to many, many others !

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
21st Sep 2002, 07:13
I sincerely hope it does fall through - I'm totally aginst the principle of ATCOs working overtime when a large number of controllers are stressed up enough with the current system.

250 kts
21st Sep 2002, 09:31
Yes it's true. In true NATS management style they failed miserably at the first hurdle!!

The first person that they called in to cover a night shift shortage was------ a part-timer. The agreement strictly prevents the use of such staff. On hearing this the BEC immediately suspended the deal at LACC until such time that the local management and union have put into place the ground rules.

The Sad ATCO
25th Sep 2002, 13:32
How could they have 'called them in' already when:

a) the NATS pay deal hasn't yet been accepted by all of the unions and the additional attendances were part of the ATCO' s bit of that deal?

and

b) it is a voluntary scheme anway? :confused:

When this does come in surely they will have to 'request attendance politely' rather than 'call in'? :D

I won't be volunteering and I know what answer I'll be giving if I'm asked.

Sad

Undercover
25th Sep 2002, 13:40
ATCO reps agreed to start these attendances when management "promised" that the ATCO pay deal would DEFINITELY go through in October salary...

It's true that there's no guarantee that all parts of the pay deal will be accepted yet... I reckon it's a racing cert though.

jocko0102
25th Sep 2002, 14:08
If we had shown bottle and said no to the second ballot then we would have had them (mangement/government) by the balls and we would not be in this state of limbo.
As it is the whole situation is a mess and as usual people who were mouthing off about how we are treated etc are now moaning about when they will get their pay.
What a surprise!

stargazer
26th Sep 2002, 15:39
You are right ....Heathrow Director.

Agreeing to Overtime.......does it not undermine many of our aspirations with respect to the hard fought for "flexible retirement scheme" , improvemnts to enhanced relief............and indeed any improvements to SRATCOH ????

Short term gain......may lead to long term pain...

Buster the Bear
26th Sep 2002, 20:13
Too many non NATS units survive on overtime. This reduces staffing numbers and therefore the number of ATCO's in gainful employment.

Whilst there are those who gladly agree to overtime duties, units will remain well under staffed.

It is much cheaper to cover using overtime than employ extra staff.

Overtime is however, very difficult to factor in against the regulation of ATCO hours in the UK. (Thankfully)!

loadsofmoney
27th Sep 2002, 20:28
Any news from today's meeting?

Take up the Hold
27th Sep 2002, 20:40
Loads

What meeting was that?