PDA

View Full Version : FAA versus JAA

johnnypick
26th Sep 2001, 19:37
I am currently looking into which ATP license to go for, I have a JAR PPL with 106 hrs. Now the next step to commercial, I am not fussed about working in Europe so is it worth doing the JAA? also if I do the FAA I can't get a job in the states because I wont be able to get a work permit.
In other words apart from Europe, where is the JAA ATPL valid and where apart from USA is the FAA valid.
Cheers!!!!

[ 26 September 2001: Message edited by: johnnypick ]

maitre1
26th Sep 2001, 21:24
dont bother with the jaa unles you lik visiting the job center every 2 weeks. does job seekers allowance pay for your IR renewale? i dont think so. it is that simple. there are many job seekers on here.

people on this board seem to think the jaa is the greatest thing in avaition. this is very wrong and STUPID! the jaa are very cleaver and RICH people. they will tell you that there are millions of jobs for you. but when you pay your money and get your licenSe it is a different story. DONT GET SUCKED IN. THERE ARE NO JOBS IN EU.

FAA is better they train you to be real pilot not a poor pilot with a licenSe and all the boxes corecctly tiked by someone in brusels. if you want to fly and get payed, cum to the USA. many EU pilots don't want to leave mummy so they do the JAA licence. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

no disrespect, ok?

maitre1

USA biz jet captain [FAA ATP/IR, 15000 HOURS, ]

ITFC1
26th Sep 2001, 21:50
maitre1 any jobs for Beech400 F.O then, i would like to get out of England also.

BEagle
26th Sep 2001, 21:58
Ca va Ronch'? Emmerdeur!!

Scratch One Bandit
26th Sep 2001, 22:37
Maitre1

USA biz jet captain [FAA ATP/IR, BORN WITH 15000 HOURS, ]
:D

G SXTY
26th Sep 2001, 23:36
Salut Ronch,

Would those be FS2000 hours or community service hours?

Rien de personnel, couillon.

foghorn
27th Sep 2001, 01:59
Once upon a time I thought Ronch should be banned. But it really is worth keeping him for the comedy value.

Bravo Ronch, more please!!!!!!!

27th Sep 2001, 12:27
Hello gus n' gals n' ronnies n' all others. Let's come back to the topic.
I would go the American way, if you don't wanna work in Europe. There are all over the world N-planes, so you don't have to work in the US with your FAA ATPL. I'm not an expert on this, but I think other authorities than the JAA will easily validate your USATP.
Don't know how to get the greencard. Perhaps lottery or find an US girlfriend... ;)

Errrrrr....,mmmm......
pénible

Took me long time to get that idea, but could it be that maitre and johnnypick are the same. Both only a few of posts and both only registred since Sep01.

[ 27 September 2001: Message edited by: 380 ]