PDA

View Full Version : Drama in Ivory Coast

Stonebird
19th Sep 2002, 15:37
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2268718.stm

How's things up there you guys & girls? Fireworks outside Las Cannas yet?!

ZAZOO
19th Sep 2002, 17:29
Hopefuly that is the end of Robert Guie and his followers!

On the other hand hope you guys in Abidjan all okay.

Stay Safe

Zazoo

Gunship
19th Sep 2002, 18:03
Lo All,

Can anyone confirm if the SAA flight tomorrow to and from Abidjan via Accra / Jhb be operational. Tx a lot in the mean time.

Gunship
20th Sep 2002, 05:51
SAA this morning say no problem they are flying. The news reckons all is "calm" ?:(

Gunship
20th Sep 2002, 17:18
SAA ohhh SAA, this morning no problem phoned Jhb and CT to make sure - just to hear on the News - sorry no flight "due to instability" in Abidjan. Aichhh bru now I am in the sh*t .. :p

If any of you see a Ethiopian lady - age 50 wondering around at the airport - pse you do not know me ... :rolleyes:

Ahhh TASSIES come here .. relax Gunsss .. hikk ..

TimS
20th Sep 2002, 20:12
Yo Gunship - every flight you ever book on seems to go wrong - you're a jinx !!!!!!!

Sorry i couldn't catch you in the UK.

Brgds

skottie
20th Sep 2002, 20:34
GUNSHIP,I now you are a busy person,but please help me if you can as we have no contact with SAA here in Abidjan,I am supposed to be flying back to SA next Wednesday,can you confirm nearer the time is there flight will take place.Many thank's,and take care................:D

ZAZOO
20th Sep 2002, 23:12
Ethiopian lady :cool: Show me..... where!

Just kidding Guns and dont keep her waiting too long:D :D

Zazoo

Gunship
21st Sep 2002, 05:58
Lo Boys and girls .. headache sjoe ...

TimS, sorry my friend - next time .. I got absolutely pi**ed the first night in Loendoen, Sprinbok pub, then a Kiwi joint and then that damn Ausie bar ... well eventually ended up in a small villiage near Woking with a friend and got horribly smashed at an ex- Brit heavyweight boxing champion's "house" ... uhmmm MASSIVE house .. and from thre on - got pi**ed for the next five days. Anyway sorry Tim - next time.

I saw a nice bumper sticker PASOP BOERE DIE INGELSE WIL HULLE KLEIN EILAND TERUGVAT which translates roughly to WATCH OUT BOERS (SOUTH AFRICANS) THE ENGLISH ARE LOOKING TO TAKE THEIR SMALL ISLAND BACK. Gunsss....

Back to Abidjan Skottie , I will confirm on Tuesday evening and mail you, but I am sure everything is under control now as SAA 053 will depart Abidjan 1320 today to arrive Jhb 2115. So I pressume somebody told them the War is over.

Zazoo - she is gr8 - will send you the remains bru ;) Seriously she is on her way to look at investing in a house in my area bru. Will send you a pic (if the camera does not pop) :cool:

Have a GR8 day,

ZAZOO
21st Sep 2002, 21:24
Okay Guns me wait ;)

By the way guys it looks like all is not yet calm in Abidjan, I just watched the news on CNN and it looks like some of the mutineers are still fighting back, and fighting tough too from the looks of the pictures on CNN.

Not very reassuring news or pictures

So stay safe and take care of yourselves.

Zazoo